Chinese Government Scholarship
In order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from the whole world, and to develop cooperation and exchange in fields of education, science, culture, economy and trade between China and other countries, Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship schemes to sponsor international students and scholars to undertake studies and research in Chinese institutions of higher education.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Chinese Government Scholarship:
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Major Studies
Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies
(Chinese Taught Programs only)
Master’s Degree Candidates
Doctoral Degree Candidates
Note: All the degree programs, which are taught in Chinese, are required to submit HSK 5 certificate (should study for degree program directly) or submit HSK 4 certificate (should study for 1-year Chinese language program and obtain HSK 5 certificate before professional degree programs). HSK 1-3 certificates are not available to apply for degree programs with Chinese medium.
Application Duration of Chinese Government Scholarship:
From December 15, 2021 to April 15, 2022
Note: From January 18 to February 28, 2022 is HEU winter vacation, all the applicants are not suggested to post the paper application documents during this period.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. Educational background required and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degrees and be under the age of 40.
3. Excellent academic results in the study (75 of 100 at least)
4. Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
5. Applicants should not apply for any other scholarship.
Details of the Scholarship
Details of the Chinese Government Scholarship:
1. Including registration fee (400yuan RMB), tuition fee (99000-168000yuan RMB), and on-campus accommodation fee (25200-52800yuan RMB);
2. 800yuan RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance
3. Monthly living allowance is granted to the candidates (Yuan RMB per month):
- Master degree candidate: 3000 Yuan RMB
- Doctoral degree candidate: 3500 Yuan RMB
NOTE: The scholarship does NOT COVER international air tickets and transportation and living expense for family members.
Application Materials of Chinese Government Scholarship:
The applicants are required fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (all paper materials should be one set of original notarized and one set of common copy).
All the applicants applying for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) are required to complete TWO ON-LINE APPLICATION SYSTEMS.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship Online Application. Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting online.
- The Chinese Government Scholarship Online Application System for Study in China is available at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn（To choose STUDENT log-in and choose Type B）
- HEU university agency number is 10217
2. HEU Online Application: http://issp.hrbeu.edu.cn.Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting online
1. Highest diploma (Original notarized photocopy in English or Chinese). If applicants who are university students or already employed should provide a pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. The enrolled candidates are required to submit the degree certificate when he/she registers in HEU.
2. Transcripts (Original notarized photocopy in English or Chinese). Applicants for the Doctoral degree programs are required to submit both transcripts of Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs.
3. A study or research plan (no less than 800 words). (Study plan format.doc). (Acceptance letter is necessary, the applicant may write down supervisor options on the study plan and with the signature of the supervisor)
4. Two academic recommendation letters by professors or associate professors (written in English or Chinese with signature).
5. Passport copy. （It should be an ORDINARY passport and valid till October 2023）
6. Language Certificate
- The program taught in Chinese: HSK Band 4 certificate or above
- The program taught in English: TOEFL 80 or IELTS 5.5 or English Proficiency Certificate from home university).
7. Non-criminal certificate (Original notarized photocopy in English or Chinese)
9. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form CSC physical examination form.pdf(Original, printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
NOTE: Whether admitted or not, paper materials will not be returned. Please inform us promptly if the materials cannot be sent in time.
Applicants should submit paper application materials (one original and one copy) in time to International Office, Harbin Engineering University.
1. Ms. YIN Hua（Rebekka）
2. International Office, Harbin Engineering University, Room 714, No. 1 Building, NO.145-1, Nantong Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, 150001, China
3. Tel: 0086 451 82568218, 82568266
4. International Student Website：http://studyheu.hrbeu.edu.cn
. HEU Online Application: http://issp.hrbeu.edu.cn
Approval and Notification
Approval and Notification of the of Chinese Government Scholarship:
HEU will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the professor prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is.
Chinese Government Scholarship applicants accepted by HEU will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOEC for the record.
Applicants are not permitted, in principle, to change their supervisors, specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
HEU will send Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the relevant dispatching authorities by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awardees. The scholarship results will be announced on http://studyheu.hrbeu.edu.cn, the part of NOTICE.
Applicants who cannot register before September 30 are regarded as giving up the scholarship.
Complement of Chinese Government Scholarship:
The students are required to cover the expenses for experiments or internship, which exceeds the teaching arrangements of HEU.
The living allowances will be allotted monthly to the students from the time of registration at College of International Cooperative Education. The new students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will enjoy the whole amount of living allowance of that month; those who register after the 15th will get that of a half month. Graduates will get the living allowances till 15 days after the graduation date set by HEU.
The Chinese Government Scholarship will be terminated from next month for the students who suspend their studies, quit or graduate from HEU. The students are entitled to living allowance during the vacation period arranged by the university. The living allowance, which students didn’t get in time as the departure for vacation, can be refunded when they are back to school. The living allowances will be stopped for one month for the students who do not register on time without permission from the International Office beforehand, leave with non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
Chinese Government Scholarship students who have to suspend their education for illness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of returning and coming back should be paid for their own. The students, who are allowed by the school authority to suspend their education, can remain on their scholarship. The scholarship status will be reserved for one year at the most; however, the monthly living allowance will be stopped during the suspension of education. The scholarship status of the students who suspend their education for reasons other than illness will be terminated.
Comprehensive Insurance for Chinese Government Scholarship international students refers to the Comprehensive Medical Insurance insured by the Chinese Educational Ministry for scholarship students in China. The institution is entitled to ask for compensation on the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or from accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles. The insurance company does not accept individual claims.
The Chinese Government Scholarship is mainly supporting students him/herself, if the student considers taking his/her family members, he/she needs to afford the fees of family members.
1. Ms. YIN Hua (Rebekka)
2. International Office Harbin Engineering University
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Tel: 0086 451 82568218, 82568266
5. Fax: 0086 451 82530010
6. Address: International Office, Harbin Engineering University, NO.145-1, Nantong Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, China
7. Post Code: 150001
8. HEU Website: www.hrbeu.edu.cn;
9. International Student Website：http://studyHEU.hrbeu.edu.cn
10. HEU Online Application: http://issp.hrbeu.edu.cn