2022 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship
Introduction to Central South University
Central South University (CSU) is situated in Changsha, a famous historical and cultural city in Hunan Province, China. As a top university directly under the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People’s Republic of China, CSU is one of the first universities admitted into Project 211, Project 985, and Plan 2011. In September 2017, CSU was enlisted as one of the A-Level “Double First Rate” universities by the State Council.
Central South University was established in April 2000 by merging the former Hunan Medical University, Changsha Railway University, and Central South University of Technology. Based on its over one hundred years of experience in operation as an education institution, CSU actively responds to the reform of China’s higher education. Sticking to its own operating characteristics and orienting at major demands of the country, CSU has made great progress in its overall strength through teamwork, innovation, and commitment to excellence.
2022 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship Categories
University Graduate Student Program
a. Application time: From now to April 10, 2022.
b. Supporting student categories: Master candidates, doctoral candidates;
c. Majors and Study languages:
Central South University CSC University Programs Major List (Click here)
Silk Road Scholarship Program
a. From now to April 30, 2022.
b. Supporting student categories: Master candidates, doctoral candidates;
c. Majors and Study language: Computer Science and Engineering, Control Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Mining Industrial Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering (English-taught programs).
d. Applicants: Students from the Belt and Road countries (Click here)
Full scholarship includes tuition fee, accommodation fee, medical insurance fee, and a monthly stipend (CNY 3000 for a master’s candidate and CNY 3500 for a doctoral candidate).
Application Requirements of 2022 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship
Excellent non-Chinese graduates with good academic performance, good physical and psychological health, and no criminal records.
- For master’s degree applicants: with bachelor’s degrees and less than 35 years old;
- For doctoral degree applicants: with master’s degree and less than 40 years old.
- Applicants for clinical medicine programs: A minimum score of 260 in HSK4 for programs taught in Chinese, and 220 in HSK4 for programs taught in English.
- Applicants for other majors: A minimum score of 220 in HSK4 for programs taught in Chinese;
- A minimum score of 6 in IELTS or 85 in TOFEL for programs taught in English.
A relatively strong academic basis, scientific research capability and innovation ability.
- No funding from any other organizations or institutions (Statement needed).
- Those who meet one of the following conditions can apply for a language test result waiver:
a. Applicants whose first language or official language of the country is Chinese or English.
b. Applicants who have taken a degree program taught in Chinese or English.
Online application in CSU application system
- This is a MUST step, applicants who don’t complete this step won’t be considered
- Register and log in to the CSU international student online system https://csu.17gz.org/member/login.do, select Chinese Government Scholarship, fill in the application form and submit it.
Online application on CSC system
The CSC Online Application is available at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login). Select program category in Type B. Agency number of Central South University: 10533. Fill in the information, submit it online and print the application form.
- Submit application online materials to Central South University. (CSC does not accept application materials)
Materials for submission
- Please submit the scanned copies of the FOLLOWING materials to both CSC and CSU systems. Applicants with incomplete materials will not be considered.
a. Photocopy of the passport (more than one-year of availability).
b. Certificate of the Highest Academic Degree (Notarized photocopy in Chinese or English). If the applicant is the final year student of the current degree period, please prove the pre-graduate certificate.
c. Stamped Transcript of the Highest Diploma or notarized Chinese/English-translated transcript.
d. Physical Examination Record.pdf (Photocopy) with blood test report attached. Applicants must take ALL examinations listed on the form because an incomplete form is regarded as invalid.
Please fill in all the blanks of the form in Chinese or English and get it signed by the doctor and stamped by the hospital. The examination date shall be after December 1, 2021, and please bring the original Record to CSU if admitted.
e. Non-Criminal Record with the issued date after December 1, 2021.
f. Certificate of Linguistic Competence such as IELTS, TOFEL, HSK, etc., or supporting certificate for a language test waiver. For specific requirements please see “3 Language Eligibility”.
g. Research Plan not less than 800 words. Please specify your previous research experience, achievements, prospective research field, etc., which indicate your research potential and ability. Please write it carefully!
h. Two Chinese/English Recommendation Letters from different professors/associate professors with their contact details. The signature date shall be after December 1, 2021.
i. Acceptance Letters (Format), published papers, and other supporting materials (Submitting these materials may increase the possibility of admission).
k. Statement of no funding from any other organizations or institutions.
Note: Applicants who pass the initial review will be notified in the System and can then go through Step 3.
Application Fee Payment
When the applicants pass the initial review, please pay the application fee of CNY 500 on the Unified Payment Platform of CSU according to the email (WeChat, Alipay, and UnionPay are available).
Please complete the application fee payment within ONE week, otherwise, the application cannot continue. If you fail to pass the initial review, NO NEED to pay the fee.
Relevant schools will conduct an academic review for applicants to comprehensively examine their academic background, scientific research ability, or innovation potential.
According to the materials and the application situation, the students will be reviewed for final admission results, please pay attention to the CSC online application system and CSU online application system.
Material Submission and Result Release
CSU will recommend an admission list to CSC, which will decide the final applicants to be admitted.
CSU will send the applicants admitted the Admission Notice, on which the FINAL SCHOLARSHIP CATEGORY is written down.
Due to the limited time for application, please pay attention to CSU Online Application System and emails continuously. All information will be updated on the System, so please reply in time when receiving a message.
Enrollment and Notification
1. Admission Letter and Visa Application Form will be sent before July 31, 2022 in principle. The exact delivery time depends on the reviewing procedure.
2. Due to the adjustment of the CSC admission policy this year, applicants recommended by the university to CSC may not be finally admitted as students enjoying Chinese government scholarships. Please refer to the Admission Notice for the final scholarship category.
3. Registration time is the beginning of September annually and the exact time is specified on the Admission Notice. All applicants admitted must come to School of International Education, CSU to register during the time period stated on the Admission Notice.
If the students cannot come because of the pandemic, please follow the online registration procedure. Those who fail to register within the prescribed time will be disqualified from admission.
4. Scholarship owners cannot change the university, major, or study duration.
5. The application fee will not be refunded and materials will not be returned whether being admitted or not.
6. Please don’t apply for CSC and CSU scholarship programs at the same time.
Scholarship owners must participate in the annual review every May. Those who don’t meet the corresponding requirements will be disqualified from the scholarship. Students who violate Chinese laws and school rules will be given corresponding disciplinary action, from circulated notice of criticism to school expulsion.
Admission Office, School of International Education, CSU
Non-medical major consultation:
Address: Library 211, Main Campus of Central South University, 932 Lushan South Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province
Medical major consultation:
Address: Office 708, Xiaoqian Building, Xiangya New Campus, Tongzipo Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province