Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
For the purpose of meeting the growing demand of Chinese language education and promoting the development of Chinese language education around the world, the Center for Language Education and Cooperation(CLEC) established the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship. Outstanding students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers recommended by Confucius Institutes, Classrooms, certain HSK test centers, Chinese language (education) departments of foreign universities, professional associations for Chinese language instruction of other countries, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad (collectively “recommending institutions”) are warmly welcomed to study the Chinese language in Central South University.
Scholarship Types and Qualifications
For One-Academic-Year Study
The program commences in September 2021 and provides scholarships for a maximum of 11 months. International students currently studying in China are not eligible.
Chinese Language Study
A minimum score of 210 in HSK 3, priority is given to applicants who have an HSKK test score
For One-Semester Study
The program commences either in September 2021 or March 2022 and provides scholarships of a maximum of 5 months. International students holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible.
Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese Philosophy, etc.
A minimum score of 180 in HSK 3，an HSKK test score is required
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, on-campus accommodation, living allowance (a monthly stipend of 2500 RMB for one-academic-year study students per person and one-semester study students per person), and comprehensive medical insurance expenses (800 RMB annually for one-academic-year study students per person, 400 RMB for one-semester study students per person).
All applicants shall be :
1. Non-Chinese citizens
2. In good physical and mental conditions, and with good academic performance and conduct
3. Committed to the Chinese language education and related work
4. Between the ages of 16 and 35 (as of September 1st, 2021). Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45.
Application Deadline ( Beijing Time)
For programs commencing in September, student’s application must complete before May 15th; recommending institutions and host institutions must complete the review before May 25th
For programs commencing in March 2022, student’s application must complete before November 15th; recommending institutions and host institutions must complete review before November 25th
CLEC will entrust an expert panel to review the applications. The results will be released three months before school starts.
Step one: Online Registration on International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Application Website
Online registration is available from March 1st,2021 on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website (cis.chinese.cn). Please log on to search for recommending institutions and host institutions (Central South University); upload application materials online; and track the application progress, comments, and result. Scholarship holders need to confirm with CSU to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out the scholarship certificate online, and register at CSU on the designated date as per the letter of admission.
Step two: Online Registration on CSU Application Website
Log on to CSU China International Student Service System and register online:
http://application.csu.edu.cn/member/login.do. Choose Central South University Scholarship for International Chinese Language Teachers (Confucius Institute Scholarship) and upload the following application materials online and submit them.
- A scanned copy of the passport photo page(over one-year availability)
- A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within two-year validity)
- A reference letter by the head of the recommending institutions
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified ID certificates, employment certificates, and letter of commitment signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China
- Photocopy of Physical Examination Record.pdf. Applicants should strictly be examined in accordance with the requirement of the Foreigners Physical Examination Sheet. An incomplete form is regarded as invalid. The examination date shall be after December 1, 2020
- Photocopy of Highest graduation certificate (or notarized translation in either Chinese or English). If the applicant is currently a student, the pre-graduation certificate issued by the school is required
- Transcript of the highest diploma (or notarized translation in either Chinese or English)
- Non-criminal record with an official stamp. The issue date shall be after December 1, 2020
- Certificate of Scholarship for International Chinese Language Teachers.
Pay the Review Fee
After passing the CSU online preliminary review, please complete the review fee payment within two weeks, otherwise the application cannot continue. If you fail to pass the initial review, NO NEED to pay this fee.
Complete the Application and Wait for Results
The admission letter and JW 202 form will generally be sent by end of July. Please keep yourself informed by checking the Application Status on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website (cis.chinese.cn).
1. Applicants shall register on time according to the Admission Letter
2. Those who fail to register on time, fail to pass the health assessment, drop out midway, and/or are suspended from school will be deprived of their scholarship
3. Interviews (through skype, phone calls or WeChat, etc.) and other support materials might be required on certain occasions;
4. The evaluation fee will not be refunded regardless of the admission result. The final result will be subject to that released on cis.chinese.cn.
Chinese Bridge Award Recipient Policies
Chinese Bridge winners who have been awarded the 2021 Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate shall log onto the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website and submit documents to relevant host institutions (CSU) upon presentation of their scholarship certificates. For inquiry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
School of International Education, CSU
1. Website: http://iecd.csu.edu.cn/
2. E-mail: email@example.com
3. Tel: +86-731-88836410
4. Fax: +86-731-88710136
5. Address: Library 214, Main Campus of Central South University, 932 Lushan South Road, Yuelu District, Changsha, Hunan Province.
6. Post Code: 410083
For more information related to this scholarship please check: http://cis.chinese.cn
- Email of Division of Test and Scholarship in CLEC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +86-10-58595727