Table of Contents
2024 Hainan University for Provincial Government International Student Scholarship
About Hainan University and Chinese Government
Hainan University is a comprehensive key university formed by a merger with the former South China University of Tropical Agriculture in August 2007. It is jointly administered by the Ministry of Education and the Hainan Provincial People’s Government.
The university has made great achievements by adhering to the motto of “openness and inclusiveness” and the spirit of “self-improvement, dedication, kindness and perseverance”. In December 2008, it was approved by the state as a key university under the 211 Project.
In 2012, it was included in the Plan of Strengthening Higher Education in Middle and Western China and was successively supported by the National Basic Ability Construction Project of Western and Central China and the National Comprehensive Strength Enhancement Project of Western and Central China.
In 2017, HNU was listed in the national plan for establishing world-class disciplines. In 2018, the Hainan provincial Party Committee and provincial government made a strategic decision to fully sponsor the development of Hainan University.
Also in that year, the university came under the joint administration of the Ministry of Education and the Hainan Provincial People’s Government, and was included among universities directly administered by the Ministry of Education.
Hainan University is entrusted with enrolling International students sponsored by the Hainan Provincial Government. Prospective students and scholars from foreign countries are welcome to apply for the Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship to study at Hainan University.
2024 Hainan University for Provincial Government International Student Scholarship’s Supporting Categories:
The Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship is for prospective international students who wish to study at Hainan University for a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree.
Please visit the website https://hd.hainanu.edu.cn/gjjyen/Admission_Guide/Program_Information.htm for programs information.
The scholarship is only for new students, it is unavailable for students who wish to apply to study their native language or a third country language including literature such as English, French etc.
Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship covers: tuition fee, accommodation fee on campus (two students share a room), registration fee, medical and accidental Insurance at Hainan University. The applicant is responsible for all other fees.
Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply: International Student Office, School of International Education, Hainan University
When to Apply: Between February 10 and April 23, 2023
2024 Hainan University for Provincial Government International Student Scholarship’s Eligibility:
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizen, well-behaved and capable of living independent ly. Be obligated to observe Chinese laws and university’s regulations, respect Chinese culture and customs, and fulfill all the conditions of Chinese Entry-exit.
2. be a high school graduate under the age of 30 when applying for undergraduate programs; be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for postgraduate programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
3. Language Requirements:
a. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs are required to obtain an HSK Band 4 with scores above 180 when applying.
b. Applicants for English-taught programs are required to obtain one of the following English tests: a score of 560 or above (paper-based test) or 78 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) , or a minimum overall band of 6.0 when applying.
Condition of exemption of submitting English level certificates: English-speaking students (Countries with English as native language or official language).
2024 Hainan University for Provincial Government International Student Scholarship’s Application Documents:
Applicants must submit the scan copies and complete the University online application system at https://hainu.17gz.org/ before April 23, 2023.
1. Application Form for Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship (attached).
2. Valid Passport.
3. Notarized highest diploma attained & Academic Transcripts; if the applicant is a campus student, he has to submit an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date, the original certificate should be provided after admission.
If the applicant is an employer, he has to submit a Certificate of Incumbency issued by the unit or company which he’s working for.
4. Proof of Chinese or English proficiency. A valid HSK certificate (Applicants for Chinese-taught programs), or a valid IELTS or TOEFL certificate (Applicants for English-taught programs) .
5. Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood Test Report. The physical examination must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The form must be fully completed and have the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, a sealed photograph of the applicant.
Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered invalid.
6. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English.
7. A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English ( a minimum of 1000-1500 words).
8. Certificate of No Criminal Record.
9. International students in China who apply for our University must hold a valid Visa or study type residence permit. In addition, applicants must provide the “Certificate of End of Study” or “Transfer Certificate” issued by the aforementioned school/ University.
10. CV (including publication list if available)
11. If one or both parents of the applicants are Chinese citizens, or applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and obtained foreign nationalities afterward, a certificate of living abroad and the entry and exit seal page of visiting China on the applicant’s passport during the recent 4 years should be provided.
1. Application materials which do not meet the above requirements will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted.
2. Applicants must fill in the system truthfully in Chinese or in English. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3.The office will not send email to every applicants, please contact us if you need confirmation.
Approval and Notification
1. Hainan University will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates.
2. Hainan University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the HU review to Hainan Province Education Department and wait for the final admission results (the exact date is decided by Hainan Province Education Department).
3. Hainan University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to scholarship winners in July;
4. Registration: The beginning of September generally (specified in the Letter of Admission).
5. Scholarship students must participate in an annual scholarship evaluation. Scholarship holders who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship cancelled.
6. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
Add: International Student Office,
School of International Education, Hainan University,
No.58 Renmin Avenue, Haikou, Hainan Province, 570228, P. R. China
Contact Staff: Mr. Cui, Ms. Zhou
Tel: 0086-898-66291354/ 0086-898-66291348
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net