Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Program
Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Program’s Introduction:
Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) welcomes exchange students from partner universities, to whom both the Chinese language courses and degree courses are available. Exchange students shall select the courses or research according to the study requirements provided by their respective universities. The credits at HIT will be transferred back to the university as per the agreement.
Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Program Eligibility:
1. Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of the Ministry of Education of the PRC”
2. Be in good health both mentally and physically
3. The exchange agreement should be within the validity period
4. Applicants should be the regularly enrolled as full-time degree students at the partner university
5. Officially nominated by the partner university
6. The duration of stay at HIT is based on the agreement, and the maximum duration is no more than one academic year for each exchange student.
Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Program’s Application Process:
1. Log in to the Online Application System to fill in the application form. The Online Application System is available at https://hit.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx .
2. Upload required application documents.
Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Program’s Application Documents:
1. Passport home page
2. Certificate from the home university
3. Transcripts from the home university
4. Language proficiency certificate:
- Chinese language programs: no need
- Chinese-taught program: HSK level 4 ≥ 210 scores
- English-taught programs: English proficiency certificate for non-native speakers
5. A recommendation letter from the International Office of the home university
6. A photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigner;
7. Study or research plan (only for Master and PhD level students). The supervisor or scientific advisor for each Master and PhD level exchange students will be appointed based on his or her study plan during the stay at HIT.
Note: All application documents must be notarized by the official notary office in English or Chinese.
Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Program’s Application Dates:
- March 15th~June 30th Deadline for fall term application
- 15th~December 20th Deadline for spring and summer term application
Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Program’s Academic Calendar:
- Spring term: February 20th – July 1st, 2023
- Summer term: July 4th – August 20th, 2023
- Fall term: September 1st – December 29th, 2023
Harbin Institute of Technology Exchange Programs’ Fees:
1. Medical insurance is required to purchase at HIT upon arrival.
2. CNY160/month; CNY 800 /year
Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
- Chinese Language Programs
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs (Chinese-taught)
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs (English-taught)
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Master’s Degree Programs (Chinese-taught)
- Master’s Degree Programs (English-taught)
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology
- Doctoral Degree Programs (Chinese-taught)
- Doctoral Degree Programs (English-taught)
Contact information for Harbin Institute of Technology:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +86-451-86415475
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: +86-451-86412647
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +86-451-86402455