Table of Contents
2024 Qingdao University of Science and Technology for Chinese Government Scholarship
Qingdao University of Science and Technology
Qingdao University of Science and Technology (QUST) is a multidisciplinary university that primarily focuses on engineering, science, literature, economics, management, medicine, law, art, and education. It is a key university directly affiliated to Shandong Province and a preeminent featured university for developing professional talents approved by the Shandong provincial government.
Furthermore, it is evaluated as an “outstanding university for its undergraduate education” and a “national top university in its practice of the employment of graduates” by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and praised as “Huangpu Military Academy of China Rubber Industry” by the society.
QUST now has four campuses in Laoshan, Sifang, Gaomi, and Jinan, with a total floor area of 920,000㎡school buildings and fixed assets of 2.8 billion yuan. Its library has a collection of over 3 million books and magazines.
Shenyang Advanced Vocational School, the predecessor of QUST, was founded in 1950 and moved to Qingdao in 1956. In 1958, the school upgraded into the Shandong Institute of Chemical Engineering under the approval of the People’s Government of Shandong Province and began to conduct formal higher education.
Then, it was renamed Qingdao Institute of Chemical Technology under the approval of the MOE in 1984. In 1998, the institution was handed over to Shandong Province by the Ministry of Chemistry (MCI).
In 2002, approved by MOE, the school was finally renamed Qingdao University of Science and Technology after merging with Qingdao Arts and Crafts School in 2001. In 2009, Gaomi Campus started operation. In 2016, QUST combined with the Chemical Technology Academy of Shandong Province, composing a new chapter of its development.
Application Due Date
10th of April every year.
Creteria & Eligibility
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Creteria & Eligibility:
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
a. Applicants for bachelor degree studies must have High school diploma and be under the age of 25.
b. Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
c. Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
1. Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years.
2. Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
3. The instruction language is Chinese.
4. Scholarship students should complete their study in China within the set time. Scholarship duration specified in the admission notice cannot be extended in principle.
5. The scholarship quota is only for one academic year, and it cannot span two academic years.
Values of Scholarship
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Values of Scholarship:
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
2. Living allowance;
3. One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
4. Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
For more information, please refer to China Scholarship Council website http://www.csc.edu.cn/
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Application Documents:
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register
Those who cannot apply online shall fill in the application form printed by CSC.
Agency number of Qingdao University of Science & Technology: (10426);
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). Applicants shall provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Photocopies of New HSK score report (Level 4 or above);
5. Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
6. Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
7. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
Approval and Notification
QUST will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW201) to the students.
Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
Visa Application and Registration in China
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Visa Application and Registration in China:
Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Programs should apply for visa to study in China at the Chinese embassy or consulate-general with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the Admission Notice, Visa Application for Study in China (JW201) and Foreigner Physical Examination Form and valid passport.
The scholarship students must come to China and register with institutions with the original copies of the above documents. Students who come to China with other types of passports, visas or without the original documents will not be able to register with institutions, nor will they be able to apply for the residence permit in China.
Scholarship students must register with the institutions within the set time with original Admission Notice, Visa Application for Study in China (JW201), Foreigner Physical Examination Form and four passport photos. Those who are unable to register on time must get permission from the institution directly. Those who fail to register without the prior consent of the institution will be considered as voluntarily giving up the scholarship and the scholarship will be automatically terminated.
Health Verification and Residence Permit
Health verification: Scholarship students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to bring their passports, Admission Notice, the original Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Blood Test Report to the local health quarantine office to have their medical examination reports verified.
Scholarship students who do not meet the requirements of the above authority will be required to re-take the medical examination. Those who refuse to re-take the medical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are not permitted to stay in China according to the Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China.
Residence Permit: After the health verification, the scholarship students must apply for residence permit to the local police authority with their passports, Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW201) within 30 days upon their arrival.
Expenses incurred in the procedures above shall be born by the scholarship students themselves.
Please send the application documents of Chinese Government Scholarship—Cooperative Program with Provinces & Autonomous Regions to:
International College, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, 99 Songling Road, Laoshan District, Qingdao, Shandong, P. R. China, 266061
Tel: 0086-532-88956873, 88959006
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net