Table of Contents
2023 Guangxi Minzu University for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
About Guangxi Minzu University
Founded in 1952, Guangxi University for Nationalities, or GXUN, lies in Nanning, capital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. GXUN includes two campuses: East Campus and West Campus. With an area of 1983 mu, the University consists of 23 colleges, with 3 doctorate’s, 68 bachelor’s and 79 master’s degree programs.
According to the statistics in May, 2014, this school has 19,743 enrolled students, among whom there are 1,340 postgraduates, 14,765 undergraduates, 1,001 junior college students, 1,742 preppies and 895 overseas students.
GXUN is an institution to recruit international students under the Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, and Nanning Foreign Affairs Office Scholarship. It’s also an institution to recruit international students from Southeast Asian Nations under Guangxi Government Scholarship.
As a test center for HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test), a Chinese languange training center for talents in Southeast Asian Nations, an Executive School of the Training Program in China for Overseas Chinese Teachers, and one of China’s Key Universities Helping Teaching Chinese in the Surrounding Countries, GXUN have trained 12,000 overseas students in all so far.
It was awarded the Advanced Collective for Foreign Students’ Education twice respectively in 2009 and 2014 by Foreign Students Management Branch affiliated to China Association of Higher Education.
It actively carries out international cooperation and exchange activities, and has established exchanges and cooperation with 136 foreign universities or academic institutions from 17 countries and regions.It has established three Confucius Institutes with Mahasarakham University in Thailand, National University of Laos and Unversitas Tanjungpura, Indonesia.
A lot of important political learders of ASEAN came to GXUN for a visit, among whom were Cambodian King Sihanouk, Vietnamese President Tran Duc Luong, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Mininister Pham Gia Khiem, Thai Princess Sirindhorn, Laos Prime Minister Bouasone Bouphavanh and Laos Congress Chairman Pany YATHOTOU etc. A Thai Language Training Base was establised in this school by the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
About Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
To meet the growing international demand for Chinese language teachers, facilitate Chinese language education around the world, and support the professional development of Chinese language teachers, the Center for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) has established the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Scholarship) for eligible Chinese language teachers outside of China.
Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius Classrooms, selected HSK test centers, foreign educational institutions, Chinese language teacher training programs/Chinese departments at foreign universities, professional associations for Chinese language teaching, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad (hereinafter collectively referred to as Recommending Institutions) may recommend outstanding students and in-service Chinese language teachers to further their studies in international Chinese language education and related programs at our universitie.
1. Be a non-Chinese citizen;
2. Be friendly to China, have no criminal record, abide by the laws and regulations of China and the rules and regulations of Guangxi Minzu University;
3. Be in good physical and mental health, be in good academic and behavioral standing;
4. Be interested in Chinese language education and related work;
5. Be aged between 16 and 35 years on September 1, 2023. The maximum age limit for in-service Chinese teachers may be extended to 45, but those who apply for a scholarship for a Bachelor’s degree shall be younger than 25 under most circumstances.
Catergories and Qualifications
Chinese Language Teacher Scholarships
Scholarship for Master’s Degree in International Chinese Language Education
The program commences in September 2023, and the scholarship is provided for a maximum of two academic years.
Applicants shall hold a Bachelor’s degree. Applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK Test (Level 5) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level). Priority will be given to applicants who may provide an employment contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China or proof to the same effect.
Scholarship for One-Year Study Program
The program commences in September 2023, and the scholarship is provided for a maximum of eleven months. International students who have benefited from similar scholarships are not eligible.
Applicants of international Chinese language education programs shall have a minimum score of 270 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required. Applicants of Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, or Chinese philosophy programs shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
Applicants of Chinese language study programs shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3), and priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
Scholarship for One-Semester Study Program
The program commences either in September 2023 or March 2024, and the scholarship is provided for a maximum of five months. Applicants holding the X1/X2 visa category are not eligible. Applicants of international Chinese language education, Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, or Chinese philosophy programs shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required.
Applicants of traditional Chinese medicine or Taiji culture programs are required to provide HSK test scores, and priority will be given to those who also provide an HSKK test score.
Scholarship for Four-Week Study Program
The program commences either in July or December 2023, and the scholarship is provided for a maximum of four weeks. Applicants holding the X1/X2 visa category are not eligible.
Applicants of Chinese language study, traditional Chinese medicine, Taiji culture, or Chinese language plus homestay with a Chinese family program are required to provide an HSK test score.
The program may be organized and applied for by a Recommending Institution with 10-15 participants per group. Before the trip, a detailed study plan shall be made in consultation with our university and such plan shall be submitted to CLEC for review and approval.
Scholarships for Online Programs
1. The Online Program for One-Year Chinese Language Study commences in September or March each year. Under most circumstances, a score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3) is required, and priority will be given to those who also provide an HSKK test score.
2. The Online Program for One-Semester Chinese Language Study commences in September or March each year. Under most circumstances, an HSK test score (regardless of level or score) is required.
3. Please consult us for the eligibility and application for Special Online Study Programs.
Online registration will be available from March 1, 2023 on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website (http://www.chinese.cn). You may search for Recommending Institutions and Host Institutions; submit application materials online; and track the application process.
The successful applicant must confirm with us to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out the scholarship certificate online, and register at the university on the designated date as per the Letter of Admission.
Application Deadlines (Beijing Time)
1. For programs commencing in July, applicants must complete their applications by April 15, and Recommending Institutions and Host Institutions must complete the review by April 25.
2. For programs commencing in September, applicants must complete their applications by May 15, and Recommending Institutions and Host Institutions must complete the review by May 25.
3. For programs commencing in December, applicants must complete their applications by September 15, and Recommending Institutions and Host Institutions must complete the review by September 25.
4. For programs commencing in March 2024, applicants must complete their applications by November 15, and Recommending Institutions and Host Institutions must complete the review by November 25.
CLEC will entrust an expert panel to review the applications. Decisions will be based on HSK and HSKK levels and scores, geographical distribution, and other factors. The results will be published about three months before the program starts.
Policies Regarding In-service Chinese Language Teachers and Chinese Bridge Winners
In-Service Chinese Language Teachers
In-service Chinese language teachers may be exempted from HSK/HSKK certificates if they provide proof of employment and a letter of recommendation from the employer.
Chinese Bridge Winners
Applicants who have received the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Certificate during Chinese Bridge competitions may submit their application documents along with their scholarship certificates to us directly at the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website.
For any further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Please contact us for curriculum and course listings.
2. Applicants shall be familiar with the admission criteria and application deadlines of Guangxi Minzu University and submit necessary documents accordingly.
3. Degree students are subject to the annual assessment according to the Annual Assessment Procedures of the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship.
4. Please contact us for enrollment matters.
5. Students who fail to pass the pre-enrollment medical examination, withdraw from school before completing the program, fail to register at the university without prior permission, or suspend their studies will be disqualified for the scholarship.
Contact Details for Guangxi Minzu University
College of International Education at Guangxi Minzu University
Guangxi Minzu University: http://www.gxmzu.edu.cn/
College of International Education: http://gjjy.gxmzu.edu.cn/
Division of Test and Scholarships
+86-10-58595932 (Asia, Africa)
+86-10-58595999 (US, Canada)
+86-10-58595744 (Latin America, Oceania)
Scholarship Coverage and Standard
The scholarship supports tuition, accommodation, living allowance (excluding four-week study program students) and comprehensive medical insurance.
a. Guangxi Minzu University use the tuition fees for the education and management of scholarship recipients, cultural programming and HSK tests. The scholarships for online programs provide support for tuition fees only.
b. Guangxi Minzu University use the accommodation fees to provide scholarship recipients with free on-campus accommodation (typically double rooms). Scholarship recipients may live off-campus upon application and approval from Guangxi Minzu University. Under such circumstances, students are entitled to an accommodation allowance of RMB 700 per person/month paid on a monthly/quarterly basis by the University.
c. The living allowance is paid to the scholarship recipients by the University on a monthly basis. The monthly allowance for one-year study program students and one-semester study program students is RMB 2,500 per person; that for master’s students in International Chinese Language Education is RMB 3,000 per person.
Scholarship recipients must register with the University within the period stipulated in the Letter of Admission. Otherwise, the scholarship will be revoked. Students registered before the 15th (inclusive) of the month are entitled to the full allowance of that month, while those who are registered after the 15th are entitled to half of the amount.
If a scholarship recipient leaves China for more than 15 days for personal reasons during the study period (excluding summer and winter vacations), the living allowance during the period of absence from China will be suspended.
If a scholarship recipient is suspended or withdrawn from school for personal reasons or is subject to disciplinary action by the university, the living allowance from the date of suspension, withdrawal, or notification of disciplinary action will be suspended.
The living allowance for graduating students is paid until half a month after the graduation date set by the university.
d. The comprehensive medical insurance is purchased by the university in accordance with applicable regulations on overseas students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China.
List of Application Materials
For all applicants
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page;
2. A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK/HSKK tests (within the two-year validity);
3. A reference letter by the head of the Recommending Institution.
For degree program applicants
4. A certificate of the highest diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript;
5. Applicants of the Scholarship for a Doctor’s Degree in International Chinese Language Education are required to provide two reference letters from professors or associate professors or experts with equivalent professional titles in relevant fields and a 3,000-word personal statement written in Chinese (including knowledge of the intended area of study and research proposal).
Priority will be given to applicants who may provide an employment contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China or proof to the same effect.
6. Applicants of the Scholarship for a Master’s Degree in International Chinese Language Education are required to provide two reference letters from professors or associate professors. Priority will be given to applicants who may provide an employment contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China.
7. In-service Chinese language teachers shall provide proof of employment and a reference letter from the employer.
8. Applicants under 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
9. Applicants shall provide additional documents as required by Guangxi Minzu University .
9.1. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION RECORD FOR FOREIGNR (Required documents for applicants who apply for one academic year study or more);
9.2. Certificate of Non-criminal Record.
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net