Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs
The College of International Education of Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) provides a rich variety of courses to the students who plan to apply for the degree study at HIT.
Harbin Institute of Technology founded in 1920 is a nationally recognized multi-disciplinary research and teaching institution spanning three provinces, Harbin Campus (Heilongjiang), Weihai Campus (Shandong) and Shenzhen Graduate School (Guangdong). Harbin Institute of Technology is a research university and a member of the C9 League, China’s Project 211 and Project 985 group in China. The core strengths at Harbin Institute of Technology continue to be Scientific Research and Engineering Technology, with strong faculties in Management, Liberal Arts, Economics and Law.HIT is well on its way towards achieving the goal of being a world-class university.
Harbin Institute of Technology has a high-level research faculty with over 2,972 full-time teachers and researchers, including 2105 professors and associate professors. Harbin Institute of Technology has a large library at the area of over 41,000 m2, has a collection of over 3.25 million. Harbin Institute of Technology has 3 national level key laboratories, 4 key laboratories of national defense science and technology, 1 national level engineering laboratory, 4 national level engineering research centers, and 47 provincial and ministerial level key laboratories.
Harbin Institute of Technology has signed academic cooperation agreements of friendship with 158 institutions of higher education in more than 28 countries. Cooperation and exchanges are carried out between Harbin Institute of Technology and these universities via exchanging students, faculty and research staff, holding academic conference and cooperating in scientific research. There are more than 1922 international students coming from different countries studying at Harbin Institute of Technology.
Application Conditions of the Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs:
1. Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs
2. Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and comply with the relevant regulations set by the “Document No. 12 (2020) of the Ministry of Education of the PRC”
3. Be in good health both mentally and physically.
Application Period of the Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs:
- September 1st, 2022 2023 Application Opens
- December 20th, 2022 Deadline for Early Action Application
- June 20th, 2023 Deadline for Regular Application
Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs’ Application Process:
1. Log in to the Online Application System to fill in the application form. The Online Application System is available at https://hit.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx
2. Pay the application fee of USD 60 or CNY 400. Remittance Information:
- Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
- Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
- Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
- Account Number: 3500040109008900513
- SWIFT/BIC: ICBKCNBJHLJ.
Note: The application fee is free during the early action application period.
3. Upload required application documents.
Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs’ Application Documents:
1. Application Form for Master’s Degree Program at HIT (filled in online)
2. Passport home page
3. Undergraduate diploma or its equivalent
4. Official transcripts
5. Language qualification certificates:
- Chinese-taught programs: HSK level 4 ≥ 210 scores
- English-taught programs: TOEFL ≥80 scores, IELTS ≥ 6.0 scores or other equivalent English language proficiency certificates
6. A written proposal of the study plan (more than 1,000 characters or words)
7. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors
8. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
9. Non-criminal record report (usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of application)
10. Bank statement (financial guarantee proven deposit of at least CNY 30,000 or equivalent in foreign currency)
11. Payment receipt of the application fee.
Note: All application documents must be notarized by the official notary office in English or Chinese.
Academic Calendar and Fees
Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs’ Academic Calendar:
- Fall term: early September – mid-January
Spring term: late February – early July
Summer term: early July – early August
Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs’ Fees: (Unit: CNY/year)
|Master’s Dgree Programs|
|Housing fee（excluding electricity and internet fee）||600/month/bed|
Note: All fees are non-refundable except Housing fee.
Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs English-taught is Management, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering.
Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs’ Professor Information:
Schools and Majors
Harbin Institute of Technology Master Degree Programs’ Schools and Majors:
1. The admission decision is based on a comprehensive evaluation of the applicant’s file. All applicants will be notified via email or message in the application system of admission decisions.
2. HIT will review the applicant’s application documents again after admission and reserve the right to cancel students’ admission if there are any irregularities.
College of International Education, HIT
1. Add: No. 11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150001 P.R. China
2. Telephone: +86-451-86402455, +86-451-86412647
3. E-mail: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
4. Website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/