2023 Nanjing Medical University (NMU) Admission Information for International Doctoral Programs
A postgraduate program focusing on academic training leading to a PhD degree in the following fields:
Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Stomatology, Reproductive Medicine, Oncology, Anesthesiology, Neurology, Otolaryngology, Emergency Medicine,
Geriatrics, Dermatology and Venereology, Histology and Embryology, Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Physiology, Genetics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
Clinical Pharmacy, Hygiene Toxicology, Ophthalmic Specialty, Occupational and Environmental Health, Immunology, Human Anatomy, Clinical Medical Engineering, Medical Technology, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutics,
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Humanistic Medicine, Health Policy & Management, Community medicine and Health Pedagogy, Nursing, Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Forensic Medicine, Pathology and Pathophysiology, Pathogen Biology, Cell Biology, Neurobiology, Basic Medicine, Rehabilitation Medicine, etc.
II. STUDY DURATION
Regular length of study: 3 years
III. TEACHING LANGUAGE
IV. APPLICATION DATE
Apply from Nov. 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023
（Applicants seeking Chinese Government Scholarship need to submit at least two weeks before the scholarship application deadline announced by CSC.）
V. CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
- Applicant must be a master degree holder under the age of 40 at the time of enrollment.
- Master GPA≥3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) or its equivalent
- Programs being applied to should be closely related to the applicant’s highest degree.
- English Proficiency
VI. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Applicants need to contact an NMU supervisor in the relevant field and obtain the supervisor’s acceptance intent before submitting an application. A Letter of Supervisor Acceptance Intent for 2023 NMU Admission should be included in application materials. (Please find the attachment for the list of mentors and a template of Letter of the Acceptance Intent for 2023 NMU Admission.)
- All applicants should submit the materials, including the Letter of Supervisor Acceptance Intent for 2023 NMU Admission and published articles (if any) during the master’s period, through our online application system: http://admission.njmu.edu.cn/. In addition, for applicants seeking a Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC scholarship), a separate application should be submitted in CSC system together with the Supervisor Acceptance Letter.
- According to a preliminary review of the application materials and the requirements of relevant academic school/department, eligible applicants will participate in an interview organized by our admission committee. The applicants will be notified of the specific arrangements separately.
- NMU will issue PRE-ADMISSION LETTER to those qualified applicants.
- Qualified applicants pay a non-refundable deposit payment of CNY5,000 within the period specified in the PRE-ADMISSION LETTER.
- NMU will send OFFICIAL ADMISSION LETTER and Relevant materials for Visa Application for Study in China (JW201/JW202 form) after receiving the deposit. Failure to pay the deposit within designated period may result in a cancellation of admission.
- Incoming students apply for an X Visa at an embassy or consulate of P.R. China, along with the OFFICIAL ADMISSION LETTER and the JW201/JW202 form.
- Incoming students pay the remaining tuition after registration.
VII. REQUIRED ATTACHMENT
- Passport copy with at least 1-year validity period
- Letter of Supervisor Acceptance Intent for 2023 NMU Admission
- Highest degree (notarized photocopy)
- Transcripts of the highest degree (notarized photocopy)
- Certificate of non-criminal record
- A study or research plan in English (1,000 words or above)
- Two letters of recommendation in English
VIII. FEE STRUCTURE
- Registration Fee: CNY500
- Tuition: CNY38, 000/Year
- Accommodation Fee: Single room, CNY12, 000/ Year
|Scholarship Category||Coverage*||Value (CNY)|
|Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship)||To be decided||To be decided|
|Jiangsu Government Scholarship-Full Scholarship||To be decided||To be decided|
|Nanjing Government Scholarship||To be decided||20,000|
|Full Tuition Scholarship of NMU||100% (excluding government scholarship recipients)||38,000|
- Chinese Government Scholarship amount will be decided by China Scholarship Council.
- Chinese Government Scholarship website link: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/indexen.aspx
- The seat of Jiangsu Government Scholarship will be decided by Jiangsu government.
Ⅹ. CONTACT INFORMATION
Address: Room A224, Dexin Building, Jiangning Campus, Nanjing Medical University, No. 101 Longmian Avenue, Jiangning District, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China
Source: 2023 Nanjing Medical University (NMU) Admission Information for International Doctoral Programs