Table of Contents
2023 Chongqing University for High Level Postgraduate Program
Founded in 1929, Chongqing University (CQU) is a national key comprehensive university under the direct leadership of Chinese Ministry of Education (MoE).
Located in Chongqing Municipality, an economic and industrial center in southwestern China and on the upper reach of Yangtze River, CQU has 4 campuses, covering a total area of 350 hectares, making a wonderful place for learning and research with beautiful environment and well-equipped facilities.
Currently CQU consists of six faculties in science, social sciences, humanities, engineering, built environment, information technology, offering 96 undergraduate programs, 115 master’s programs, 42 doctoral programs, 19 professional degree programs. Apart from regular degree programs, CQU also offers 17 master and doctoral programs fully delivered in English, including 4 national English-taught brand courses approved by MoE.
At present, the university hosts 47,000 students, including 25,000 undergraduates, 19,000 graduates, and over 1,800 international students. The university has a total of 5,300 faculty and staff members, among whom over 2000 are professors or associate professors.
Chongqing University is the host institution for Chinese Government Scholarship international students, also one of the first cohort of demonstration universities for quality education of international students in China, which has passed the quality accreditation of international student education in China organized by MoE.
High Level Postgraduate Program
Chinese Government Scholarship – High Level Postgraduate Program is a sub-program of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. The program is based on the principles of “individual application, institutional recommendation, expert assessment and selection on the basis of merit”, and selects international students with excellent academic background, professional ability, and future development potential to study Master’s or Doctoral programs at CQU.
1. Exempt from tuition fee；
2. Provide free on-campus accommodation；
3. Provide comprehensive medical insurance；
4. Monthly living allowance: 3,000 RMB/month for Master’s degree students; 3,500 RMB/month for Ph.D. degree students.
The duration of the scholarship conforms to that as required. The specific details of scholarship are subject to the information published on the “CSC Study in China” website (http://www.campuschina.org)
February 5th, 2023
1. The Applicant must be a foreign citizen, in good physical and mental health, with excellent subject background, professional competence and development potential.
2. Education and Age Requirements:
a. Master’s degree applicants shall be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35.
b. Ph.D. degree applicants shall be a Master’s degree holder under the age of 40.
3. Language proficiency requirements:
a. Applicants whose native language is not English need to provide ①score report of English language proficiency test (a score above IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL Internet-based 80 or equivalent), or ②a certificate from former university that the previous degree is taught in English, or ③a certificate indicating the applicants have studied in an English-speaking country for more than one year.
c. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs need to provide score report of HSK level 5 (≥180) .
4. Applicants should not be holding any other scholarships.
1. List of Master Programs for CSC High Level Postgraduate Program (2023).xlsx
2. List of Doctoral Programs for CSC High Level Postgraduate Program (2023).xlsx
CSC online application
Create an account and fill in the application form on the website of China Scholarship Council at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/. Choose program Type B. The agency number of Chongqing University is 10611.
See Annex 1.pdf for the Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (CGSIS)
CQU online application
Create and activate an account in CQU’s online application system at https://cqu.17gz.org/member/login.do. Fill in the application form and upload required supporting documents. Pay the application fee (400 RMB, non-refundable) online and submit the application. Applicants can pay through:
1. Online payment system: Only applicable to applicants who are already in China, paying by WeChat, Alipay or bank card;
2. Bank transfer (remark your application number on the transfer voucher and send the copy to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP): the account information is as follows,
See Annex 2.pdf for the list of application documents required in the above two systems.
Admission and Notification
1. Chongqing University conducts review, organizes interviews and provide Pre-admission Letter to candidates to be recommended, and then submits the Candidate Recommendation List to the China Scholarship Council.
2. CSC makes final review of the candidates’ academic performance, comprehensive quality, and development potential, and decide the final list of scholarship winners.
3. Chongqing University notifies the scholarship winners of the admission results, and sends the admission documents to scholarship winners.
1. Students granted with Chinese government scholarship are not eligible for other scholarships (excluding one-off awards) offered by Chinese governments at all levels and universities at the same time. Anyone found will be disqualified for the scholarship eligibility and required to return the received scholarship.
For those who deliberately conceal their financial support, in addition to disqualification, they will not be allowed to apply for CSC for the next three years.
2. Scholarship applicants must submit their application materials directly to Chongqing University in person. These who apply by agencies will be disqualified from scholarship. The application documents uploaded should be complete, clear, true, and correct. Incomplete documents or application without payment will not be processed.
Neither modification nor supplementary document shall be made upon submission. Scholarship recipients shall bring original documents for registration. Provision of any false/ misleading information or failure to provide the requested supporting documents will lead to disqualification of admission.
3. Applicants are advised to check your registered email regularly, as the admission officer will inform all updates, arrange interviews, and notify application status and scholarship result via email.
4. Final result is subject to the approval list of CSC.
International Students Admissions Office
Address: Room 310, Main Building, Campus A of Chongqing University, No.174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing, P.R.China, 400044
Tel: +86-23-65111001; +86-23-65111066
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net