Table of Contents
2022 Guangxi University for Nationalities for International Student Scholarship Program
About Guangxi University for Nationalities
Founded in 1952, Guangxi University for Nationalities, or GXUN, lies in Nanning, capital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. GXUN includes two campuses: East Campus and West Campus. With an area of 1983 mu, the University consists of 23 colleges, with 3 doctorate’s, 68 bachelor’s and 79 master’s degree programs.
According to the statistics in May, 2014, this school has 19,743 enrolled students, among whom there are 1,340 postgraduates, 14,765 undergraduates, 1,001 junior college students, 1,742 preppies and 895 overseas students.
GXUN is an institution to recruit international students under the Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, and Nanning Foreign Affairs Office Scholarship. It’s also an institution to recruit international students from Southeast Asian Nations under Guangxi Government Scholarship.
As a test center for HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test), a Chinese languange training center for talents in Southeast Asian Nations, an Executive School of the Training Program in China for Overseas Chinese Teachers, and one of China’s Key Universities Helping Teaching Chinese in the Surrounding Countries, GXUN have trained 12,000 overseas students in all so far.
It was awarded the Advanced Collective for Foreign Students’ Education twice respectively in 2009 and 2014 by Foreign Students Management Branch affiliated to China Association of Higher Education.
It actively carries out international cooperation and exchange activities, and has established exchanges and cooperation with 136 foreign universities or academic institutions from 17 countries and regions.It has established three Confucius Institutes with Mahasarakham University in Thailand, National University of Laos and Unversitas Tanjungpura, Indonesia.
A lot of important political learders of ASEAN came to GXUN for a visit, among whom were Cambodian King Sihanouk, Vietnamese President Tran Duc Luong, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Mininister Pham Gia Khiem, Thai Princess Sirindhorn, Laos Prime Minister Bouasone Bouphavanh and Laos Congress Chairman Pany YATHOTOU etc. A Thai Language Training Base was establised in this school by the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
1. Programs: Full-time undergraduate programs.
2. Academic programs: To know more about the programs available at GXUN, please check the document attached.
1. Registration and tuition fees are covered. (Tuition Fees are listed on the table below)
Unit: RMB (Chinese Yuan)
2. Accommodation is NOT covered. (Accommodation Fees are listed on the table below)
Unit: RMB (Chinese Yuan)
3. Personal living allowance is NOT covered.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance, textbook fee and other expenses are NOT covered.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
1. be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be an academically excellent holder of high school diploma or its equivalent under the age of 25;
3. have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught undergraduate program; The Teaching Chinese to Speakers as Other Language (TCSOL) program (for international students) accepts Chinese language beginners.
4. submit the results of the IELTS (5.5 or above), TOEFL (70 points or above) or other equivalent certificates of English proficiency when applying for an English-taught undergraduate program;
5. meet the admission requirements of Guangxi University for Nationalities in terms of academic ability.
Application Procedures and Deadline
1. All the application documents should be scanned and send to E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper application materials send by post from abroad are not needed.
2. The application deadline is June 30, 2022.
1. Application Form for Guangxi University for Nationalities Scholarship;
2. A scanned copy of the Passport Information Page;
3. Diploma and certificate of highest education. An applicant who is a current student shall submit the certificate of expected graduation or student status issued by his/her school;
4. Academic transcripts;
5. Certificate of language proficiency. When applying for a Chinese-taught program, an applicant shall provide a valid HSK score report. When applying for a English-taught program, an applicant shall provide a certificate of proficiency in the language as required by the designated university, such as the IELTS or TOEFL test report;
6. A study or research plan written in Chinese or in English (no less than 200 words);
7. An applicant under the age of 18 shall submit the legal documents of his/her legal guardian(s) in China;
8. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original document, printed by Chinese quarantine authorities, shall be filled in in English and kept by the applicant).
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Medical examination results are valid for only six months;
9. An applicant shall submit a valid Certificate of Non-Criminal Record (or Police Clearance Certificate) issued by the local public security (such as the police station), usually issued within six months prior to the submission date of the application.
Application documents in languages other than Chinese or English shall be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
Admission and Enrollment
Guangxi University for Nationalities will examine applicants’ eligibility and academic performance, and finalize the admission list after taking an exam or video interview. All admitted students will receive an admission notice from Guangxi University for Nationalities.
An applicant please provides the correct postal and contact information. Students Admitted should enroll before the deadline indicated on the admission notice.
Address: College of International Education, Guangxi University for Nationalities, 188 East Daxue Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P.R.China
Postal code: 530006
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net