Table of Contents
2017 Shenyang University of Technology for Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship
About Shenyang University
Shenyang University of Technology (SUT) is an engineering-centered, application-oriented and multidisciplinary university. In the university, a variety of disciplines are offered, including engineering, science, economics, management, humanities, law, philosophy, and arts.
The university was originally founded in 1949 and named as Shenyang Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering supervised by the former National Ministry of Machinery and Industry.
In 1985 it was renamed as Shenyang University of Technology (SUT). Since 1998 the university has been jointly sponsored by Liaoning Province.
SUT currently consists of four parts: the Central Campus, Xingshun Campus, the National Science and University Science Park, and Liaoyang Campus. The Central Campus is the main campus which is located in the Shenyang Economic and Technological Development Zone, a cluster area of equipment manufacturing industries.
SUT has established intercollegiate partnerships with 49 universities and colleges in the United States, Russia, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia, Korea, and Finland, etc. It has been recruiting overseas students since 1995.
Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Program
Under the mandate of the Liaoning Provincial Government, Shenyang University of Technology is opening application for full-time doctoral degree studies under the 2017 Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Program.
Scholarship scope and distribution
The Scholarship is aimed at assisting Doctorate students who apply for the studies at Shenyang University of Technology during that year.
1. Duration of study is 3 years;
2. Duration of Scholarship is 3 years;
3. Students are exempt from registration fees, tuition, laboratory fees, internship fees, basic study materials and accommodation costs;
4. A living stipend is provided: 3500RMB/month;
Qualifications for scholarship application
1. Applicants must be foreign nationals in good health;
2. Applicants must comply with Chinese government laws and regulations as well as those of the university;
3. Applicants must have obtained a master’s degree recognized by the Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China and not be older than 40;
4. Applicants should not be holding scholarship of any other category.
Application for area of study
Doctoral Degree Courses:
Materials Science and Engineering；
Instrument Science and Technology.
Your undergraduate major should be in the same research area with the master’s degree program.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (application materials should be submitted in hard copy in triplicate).
1. Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Application Form.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). A certified copy of the certificate for the highest education level attained and complete original Master’s transcripts.. University students or applicants employed shall also provide proof of studying or employment on application.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Certificate of HSK
4. Photocopies of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners and Blood Test Report. The photocopy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners must be enclosed with one photo of the applicant; the original copy should be kept by the applicant.
5. Personal Statement. Applicants applying for Chinese-medium specialties should provide personal statements in Chinese no fewer than 1500 words; applicants applying for English-medium specialties should provide personal statements in English no fewer than 2000 words.
The content should include education and work experience, results of academic research, research plan, and personal goals and plans after graduation, etc.
6. Recommendation letters. Applicants should provide two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors.
7. If the applicant has published a paper, received an award or scholarship or any other evidence of academic ability, the title, abstract and publication or any other valid documentation should be provided.
The application materials will not be returned whether applicants are accepted or not.
Application time and approval process
Application is open until the April 15th of 2017.
1. Applicants should send the application materials to International Exchange Center of Shenyang University of Technology. International Exchange Center will pass the application materials of qualified applicants to the relevant department;
2. After inspection and comment, the departments will return the materials to International Exchange Center within the allocated time.
3. The final decision will be made by relevant experts at Shenyang University of Technology.
4. Shenyang University of Technology will send the admission notice and Visa application form (JW202) to the successful applicants by the 31st of July.
The application materials will be mailed to the address below, please:
International Student Office of International Exchange Center of Shenyang University of Technology
Shenyang University of Technology, No.111 Shenliao West Road, Economic and Technological Development Zone, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China
Telephone: 0086-24-25494292, 25494976
Deadline: March 20, 2017
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net