Table of Contents
2024 Qingdao University of Science and Technology for Shandong Provincial Scholarship
Qingdao University of Science and Technology
Qingdao University of Science and Technology (QUST) is a multidisciplinary university that primarily focuses on engineering, science, literature, economics, management, medicine, law, art, and education. It is a key university directly affiliated to Shandong Province and a preeminent featured university for developing professional talents approved by the Shandong provincial government.
Furthermore, it is evaluated as an “outstanding university for its undergraduate education” and a “national top university in its practice of the employment of graduates” by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and praised as “Huangpu Military Academy of China Rubber Industry” by the society.
QUST now has four campuses in Laoshan, Sifang, Gaomi, and Jinan, with a total floor area of 920,000㎡school buildings and fixed assets of 2.8 billion yuan. Its library has a collection of over 3 million books and magazines.
Shenyang Advanced Vocational School, the predecessor of QUST, was founded in 1950 and moved to Qingdao in 1956. In 1958, the school upgraded into the Shandong Institute of Chemical Engineering under the approval of the People’s Government of Shandong Province and began to conduct formal higher education.
Then, it was renamed Qingdao Institute of Chemical Technology under the approval of the MOE in 1984. In 1998, the institution was handed over to Shandong Province by the Ministry of Chemistry (MCI).
In 2002, approved by MOE, the school was finally renamed Qingdao University of Science and Technology after merging with Qingdao Arts and Crafts School in 2001. In 2009, Gaomi Campus started operation. In 2016, QUST combined with the Chemical Technology Academy of Shandong Province, composing a new chapter of its development.
Application Due Date
31st of May every year
Creteria & Eligibility
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Creteria & Eligibility:
1. Applicants for Bachelor’s degree studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 30.
2. Applicants for Master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
3. Applicants for Doctor’s degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants for Language studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 45.
Language of Instruction
The instruction language is Chinese.
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Application Documents:
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate). The applicants must post or bring the documents to International Exchange and Cooperation Office of Qingdao University of Science & Technology by application due date.
1. Application Form for Shandong Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
The applicants can download the application form from the following webpage link: (Shandong Provincial Scholarship Application Form);
2. Photocopy of highest diploma and academic transcripts (Translating into Chinese or English);
3. Photocopy of New HSK score report; Chinese taught subjects and majors, undergraduate and general advanced students (except Chinese language studies) are required to have New HSK (Level 3 or above); And applicants for Master’s degree and Doctor’s degree programs are required to have New HSK (Level 4 or above);
4. Photocopy of passport;
5. Resume (in Chinese or in English);
6. Study or research plan: (in Chinese or in English), no less than 800 words;
7. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works);
8. A letter of guarantee in Chinese or in English(Students shall guarantee in the letter that they will abide by the laws and decrees of the Chinese government, and will not participate in any activities in China which are deemed to be adverse to the social order of China and are inappropriate to the capacity as a student);
9. Applicants of Master’s degree studies need to provide two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
Approval and Notification
QUST will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW202) to the students.
Shandong Government Scholarship students shall go through Scholarship Annual Review. The students who are qualified can obtain next year’s scholarship.
Visa Application and Registration in China
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Visa Application and Registration in China:
The admitted applicants can take The Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW202) to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate to apply for an X visa. The applicants should have medical examinations in the hospital appointed by the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.
Date for registration is presented in the Admission Notice. Pick-up service is arranged for new-comers during the registration date. Upon registration, scholarship students shall present passports, Admission Notice, Physical Examination Form for Foreigners along with four passport photos.
Those who are unable to register on time must get permission from the University directly. Those who fail to register without the prior consent of the University will be considered as voluntarily giving up the scholarship and the scholarship will be automatically terminated.
Health Verification and Residence Permit
Qingdao University of Science and Technology’s Health Verification and Residence Permit:
Health verification: Scholarship students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to bring their passports, Admission Notice, the original Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Blood Test Report to the local health quarantine office to have their medical examination reports verified.
Scholarship students who do not meet the requirements of the above authority will be required to re-take the medical examination. Those who refuse to re-take the medical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are not permitted to stay in China according to the Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China.
Residence Permit: After the health verification, the scholarship students must apply for residence permit to the local police authority with their passports, Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW202) within 30 days upon their arrival.
Expenses incurred in the procedures above shall be born by the scholarship students themselves.
Please send the application documents of Shandong Government Scholarship to:
International College, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, 99 Songling Road, Laoshan District, Qingdao, Shandong, P. R. China, 266061
Tel: 0086-532-88956873, 88959006
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net