Table of Contents
2021 Yunnan University for International Chinese Languages Teachers Scholarship
About Yunnan University
Yunnan University – a national key university in Yunnan Province, China. Its main campuses are located in the provincial capital city of Kunming.
Yunnan University is one of the Double First-Class Universities and former “Project 211” universities in China authorized by the central government to be specially developed. Yunnan University has also been included on the list of the key national universities for the “China Western Development” program.
YNU is gained a worldwide reputation through the discovery and research of the Maotianshan Shales (especially the Chengjiang biota) in early Cambrian leader by professor Hou Xianguang, who was rewarded the first class of State Natural Science Award in 2003.
As of 2022, the Best Chinese Universities Ranking ranked Yunnan University the best in Yunnan Province and among top 100th nationwide.
Qualification of Applicants
1. Non-Chinese citizens.
2. Applicants should be in good physical and mental health, have good character and
excellent academic performance.
3. Applicants are interested in engaging in Chinese Language Education, teaching activities
and international works related to Chinese language promotion.
4. Applicants’ age limit should be between 16-35 years old (as of September 1st, 2021). Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45, while
undergraduate student applicants shall not be over 25.
Scholarship Categories and Application Requirements
Full International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship includes: tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (except four weeks scholarship students) and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in china.
The Application Procedure
1. Online Application
From March 1st, 2021, Applicants can register online on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website and fill in the “International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Application Form”, and upload electronic scanned copies of the supporting documents.
2. Contact and select the recommending institutions
Applicants can visit the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website to
search and select the recommending institutions.
3. Recommending institutions will review and recommend the qualified students to Yunnan University. Yunnan University will in charge of examining the admissions qualifications of applicants and conducts merit-based pre-admissions.
4. Center for Language Education and Cooperation will conduct an overall assessment of all
applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admissions results will be announced two months before the admissions date.
5. After confirming the intention of studying abroad, our school will send the admissions
materials to the recommending institutions.
6. Students can print the scholarship certificate online. Scholarship owners can only receive
the scholarship treatment after they come to Yunnan University and register on time.
7. According to the International Chinese Language Teachers scholarship Annual EvaluationMethod, Degree student should be assessed at the end of the first term.
Recommending institutions need to complete the whole application procedure and make sure the name, nationality and permanent address of the applicant is correct. If the following
documents are not in Chinese or English, notarization documents should be provided.
1. Scanned copy of passport photo page.
2. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit proof of entrustment signed by a guardian in China.
3. Scanned copy of HSK, HSKK transcript report (valid for two years).
4. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions.
5. Notarized the highest diploma certificate (or scheduled graduation proof) and academic
6. The MTCSOL Scholarship applicants are required to submit two reference letters fromprofessors or associate professors (in Chinese or English). Applicants who can provide the work agreement after graduation from teaching institutions are preferred.
Application Deadline (Beijing Time)
1. For programs commencing in July, student application must complete before
2. For programs commencing in September, student application must complete before
3. For programs commencing in December, student application must complete before
4. For programs commencing in March 2022, student application must complete
before November 15th.
Contacts: Ms. Chu, Ms. Fu
Fax: + 86-871-65183424
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net