Table of Contents
2019 Qingdao University for Confucius Institute Scholarship
Qingdao University is situated in the eastern coastal city of Qingdao, China, between the Yellow Sea and Mount Fu. It is a fusion of rich local culture and modernity.
QU was founded in 1909. In 1993, it merged with Qingdao Medical College, Shandong Textile & Engineering College and Qingdao Normal College. Years of continuous development have transfomed Qingdao University into an comprehensive university with diverse disciplines and excellent facilities.
Currently Qingdao University ranks among the top institutions in Shandong province, and ranked 401-500 in Shanghai Ranking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities in 2019 and 2020. In 2021, it was listed among the top 100 Chinese universities. The University Hospital has been ranked among the top100 hospitals in China for six consecutive years.
The university is comprised of 34 colleges and Faculty of Medicine, with 79 undergraduate programs, covering such disciplines as literature, history, science, engineering, medicine, economics, management, law, education and art
It offers over 10 postdoctoral positions, 14 Tier 1 doctoral programs leading to 3 types of doctoral degrees. There are 41 Tier 1 postgraduate programs leading to 28 types of master’s degrees, covering 81 academic fields. The current enrollment of the university totals over 42,000 students, including over 10000 postgraduate students and over 600 international students.
The College of International Education of QU has an excellent teaching staff, most of whom hold CTCSOL (Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages), and modern teaching facilities.
The College of Chinese Language and Culture provides courses designed for international students, whether they are on a degree program or studying the Chinese language.
1. On the basis of Confusions Institute Scholarship (CIS, Type A), Qingdao University newly increased a scholarship named Qingdao University – Confucius Institute Scholarship (QU-CIS, Type B) from 2019. Type B is an autonomous recruitment scholarship while QU can recommend and award scholarships independently. The application procedure is in the same way with Type A. Specific information is subject to Hanban’s announcements.
a. Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS, Type A)
→ Recommending institutions should be Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms as well as some HSK test centers.
b. Qingdao University – Confucius Institute Scholarship (QU-CIS, Type B)
→ An autonomous recruitment scholarship of QU.
Full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
All applicants shall be:
1. Non-Chinese citizens.
2. In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally.
3. Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
4. Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2019. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25.
Scholarship types and qualifications
March 1, 2019 – May 20, 2019
September 1, 2019 – December 1,2019 (Spring intake)
For all applicants
1. A scanned copy of passport photo page
2. A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity).
3. A recommendation letter by the head of the recommending institutions
For degree scholarship program applicants
1. A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript.
2. Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide a notarized employment agreement with teaching institutions are preferred.
3. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall provide the proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employing institution.
4. Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
5. Applicants of Type A shall also provide additional documents required by the host institutions.
1. Online registration will be available from March 1, 2019 on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (cis.chinese.cn). Please log on to search recommending institutions and host institutions, upload application materials online, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results.
2. After pr-accepted by Qingdao University, please log in the foreign student application system of Qingdao university: http://istudy.qdu.edu.cn/apply with in 3 work days.
3. Hanban will complete the scholarship review and notify the results 3 months before enrollment of the admitted students.
4. Scholarship holders need to confirm with Qingdao University to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out CIS certificate online, and register at QU at the designated date and time as per the letter of admission.
Subject to Hanban’s final release.
Chinese Bridge Award Recipient Policies
Chinese Bridge winners who have been awarded the 2018 “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate” shall log onto the scholarship website and submit documents to relevant host institutions upon presentation of their CIS certificates. Please contact email@example.com for inquiry.
1. Applicants shall be familiar with the specific criteria and closing dates for registration, and follow specific procedures to submit necessary documents.
2. Degree students shall accept the annual assessment under the Annual Appraisal Procedures of Confucius Institute Scholarship.
3. Those who failed to register on time, failed to pass the health assessment, dropped out midway and/or suspended will be deprived of scholarship.
4. Self-supporting student also could apply for this program. About the fees and procedures, please refer to http://istudy.qdu.edu.cn/cn/article?cid=56&pid=54&detail=43); The fee for second degree is 9000RMB/year.
Division of Test and Scholarships at Hanban
International Students Office, Qingdao University
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net