2019 Hunan University School Scholarship
Introduction to 2019 Hunan University School Scholarship
Hunan University (HNU) is situated in Changsha, a renowned historical and cultural city. It is adjacent to the rippling Xiangjiang River on its front and picturesque Yuelu Mountain at its back. Originated from Yuelu Academy, founded in 976 AD, It is also reputed as an “Ancient Millenarian Academy and Famous Centennial University”.
Strong research lays a solid foundation for fruitful achievements of results. HNU has been shortlisted for the China highly cited researchers list 45 times in 2021, and the global highly cited researchers list for 32 times in 2022.
Values of Scholarship
(1) Exempt from Registration fee, Medical Insurance fee, Tuition fee, and Accommodation fee for dormitory on campus
(2) Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the bank card at the following rates:
- Bachelor’ degree students: CNY 1,000 Yuan per month(4 years);
- Master’s degree students: CNY1,200 Yuan per month (2.5 years)；
Study Programs Offered
- Four years;
- Majors included: Business Administration; Electrical Engineering and Its Automation; Mechanical Design, Manufacture & Automation; Computer Science and Technology
- Two and a half years;
- Majors included: Business Administration; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Computer Science and Technology.
Freely apply into all the majors in 24 colleges of Hunan University.
You can find more details in attachment.
- Four years;
Involve 11 subject categories: philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, management, medicine and arts
- Two and a half years;
- Involve 11 subject categories: philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, management, medicine and arts
Criteria & Eligibility
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
(2) The age of applicants applying for Bachelor must be from 18 to 30 and for Master must be from 18 to 35.
English as mother Tongue/ official language, you should submit the proof that English is the mother tongue;
English as non-native language, you should submit English-learning transcripts with recognition of Hunan University such as IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80, Or pass the English test of Hunan University;
Applying the majors related to Chinese language, you should submit the certificate of HSK 4;
Applying the majors not related to Chinese language, you should submit the certificate of HSK 5;
Applicants should register online andfill in the application form online. The Online Application System is available on http://hnu.17gz.org/
Notarized photocopy documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
A study or research plan
- No less than 800 words, only applicants applying for master should submit it.
- Must be in Chinese or in English.
Two Recommendation Letters
- Needed only applicants applying for master.
- Submit in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood Test Report
Print the 2 pages in the last 2 pages of this announcement, and make health check in any major hospitals in China or your country. The original copy should be kept by the applicant.
Form filled in English.
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
For English-taught Programs
1 of 4 English Certificate below:
 English as mother Tongue/ official language (must submit certificates to prove)
 English-learning results with recognition of Admission Office of Hunan University
 IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80
 Pass the English Entry Test of Hunan University
For Chinese-taught Programs
Certificate of Chinese Learning such as HSK 4 for Chinese-taught programs;
After finishing online application, applicants are required to send all the application documents in duplicates to the following address by international express before June 30th, 2019.
Office B160, International Students Apartment of Hunan University, Dezhiyuan, ZuoJialong, Yuelu District, Changsha, Hunan Province, P.R. China.
Post Code: 410082;
Application documents will not be returned.
List of Programs
Application Checklist for Bachelor/ Master Applicant
Application Form of Hunan University
- Instructed in http://hnu.17gz.org/
- All blanks of Application form must be filled.
Photocopy of valid passport
The passport used to apply must be the same with passport used for entry into China and registration in Hunan University, with a validity of over one year
Foreigner Physical Examination Form (within 6 months)
- All the blanks of the forms must be filled
- A photo is needed on the report
- The photo must be stamped by the hospital
- Doctor must sign at the end of the report
- A hospital stamp is needed at the end
- The date of Health Report is needed
- The full name is required in the first blank which should be the same with passport name.
A formal Graduation and Degree Certificate of your high school / bachelor education (photocopy)
Transcript of your high school / bachelor education (photocopy)
- Issued by public security department within 6 months.
- Must be issued by local police station if the student is studying in China.
Language Certificate (HSK4 or English Certificate)
(1) If you apply for master program, you need to add following documents:
- 2 Recommendation Letters (original in English or in Chinese)
- Research Proposal of 800 words
(2) If you are currently study in China, you need to add following documents:
- Personal Statement (in English or Chinese the reason of applying for Hunan University)
- Proof of Study from Currently University
- The documents above should be original documents in English or in Chinese; otherwise notarized translations in English or Chinese are required.
- All the application documents will not be returned whether the application is accepted or not
I hereby affirm that
(1) I hereby declare all the information provided here is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
(2) I shall abide by Chinese laws, decrees and rules, regulations of university, and will not participate in any activity in China which is deemed to be adverse to the social order of China and are inappropriate to the capacity as a student
Signature of the applicant:____________________________________________
The application is invalid without the applicant’s signature.
Visit chinascholarship.net to get more necessary and interesting information!