2022 DUFE International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
Introduction to DUFE
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE) is located in Dalian in the northeast of China. Dalian is one of the most vibrant cities in China and also a great place to live and study. DUFE was founded in 1952 and now it becomes one of China’s top-ranked finance, banking and economics universities, consistently in the top three places for cultivating the most qualified graduates.
DUFE insists on discipline-orientated strategy. Among the existing disciplines, Finance, Industrial Economics and Accounting are national key disciplines approved by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Finance, and Quantitative Economics is the national key (cultivation) discipline. There are 6 first-level discipline postdoctoral research stations which subjects are Theoretical Economics, Applied Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Management Science and Engineering. There are 6 first-level discipline Doctor’s authorizations, 42 second-level discipline Doctor’s authorizations and 16 categories full-time Master’s authorizations such as Finance, International Business, Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
DUFE has more than thirty years’ experience of international education, and cultivated above 10,000 graduates of DUFE come from 130+ countries. DUFE has set up an International Students Education Management System which includes degree programs both in Chinese medium and English medium, with the level of undergraduate, master and PhD. The system also provides non-degree programs including short-term or long-term Chinese language & Business Chinese language courses, visiting programs and credit exchange programs.
It adheres to the working concept of “survival with characteristics and development by innovation”, and cultivates excellent “language + major” international business talents with international vision and cross-cultural communication ability.
International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
For the purpose of satisfying the growing demands of the international community for Chinese language teachers and facilitating Chinese language education in other countries. The Center for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) will continue with the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship. Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius Classrooms, certain overseas Chinese language test centers, overseas Chinese teaching organizations and overseas Chinese embassies and consulates can recommend outstanding students and working Chinese teachers to study Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages and related majors in Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE). The application procedures are as follows:
Visit chinascholarship.net to get more information!
Qualification of Candidate
1. Non-Chinese citizens.
2. Should be friendly to China, have no criminal record, and abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the school;
3. Good physical and mental health, good character and excellent academic performance;
4. Aspire to Chinese language education, Chinese Language teaching and related education career;
5. 16-35 years of age (account on September 1st, 2022). Chinese Language teachers in post can be up to 45 years of age.
and Application Conditions
The International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship covers full tuition wavier, free on-campus accommodation, living allowance (only for students who will be studying in China) and comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan of Foreign Students in China. Living allowance: CNY 2,500 per month for Bachelor’s Degree Students, One-Academic-Year Students and One-Semester Students. CNY 3,000 per month for Master’s Degree Students.
The Application Deadline
The Application Process
Scholarship system will open from 01/03/2022, applicants should register online at the International Chinese language Teachers Scholarship application website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to apply for the scholarship.
1. Visit the website, inquire about and select the recommending institutions and choose Dongbei University of Finance and Economics as the host institution.
2. Submit online application, follow the application process, application review and scholarship evaluation results.
3 .Recommending institutions review and recommend qualified students to study at Dongbei University of Finance and Economics.
4. Dongbei University of Finance and Economics examines the admission qualifications of applicants and conducts merit-based pre-admission.
5. CLEC will conduct an overall assessment of all pre-enrolled applications on their HSK & HSKK results level and country of origin and fund applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced 3 months before the school begins.
6. After confirming conducting procedures of studying in China with scholarship candidates, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics will post the Admission Notice and other materials for admission. Students can print out the scholarship certificate online.
7. Register in accordance with the date specified in the acceptance letter.
1. Applicants should visit the International Chinese language Teachers Scholarship application website (cis.chinese.cn), register online and fill out the “the International Chinese language Teachers Scholarship Application Form”.
2. Scanned copy of your passport photo page.
3. Scanned copy of your HSK, HSKK result report (valid for two years).
4. Recommendation letter signed by head of the recommending institutions.
5. The highest diploma certificate (scheduled graduation proof) and school transcripts.
6. The MTCSOL Scholarship applicants are required to submit two reference letters from professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English). Applicants who can provide the work agreement after graduation from teaching institutions are preferred.
7.In-service Chinese teachers must attach the employment certificate and recommendation letter from the employer.
8. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit proof of entrustment signed by a guardian in China.
Note: All scanned copies of application materials must be uploaded to the application system at cis.chinese.cn and the submission of paper materials is not required.
Currently employed Chinese language teachers and Chinese Bridge Award Recipients
Currently employed Chinese language teachers
Currently employed Chinese language teachers applying for the scholarships can be exempted form submitting Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK) certificates if they can provide proof of employment and a letter of recommendation from the institution where they work.
Chinese Bridge Award Recipients
Applicants who have won the 2022 International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Certificate in various Chinese Bridge competitions should submit their application documents along with their scholarship certificates to our university on the International Chinese language Teachers Scholarship website.For further questions, please email Chinesebridge@chinese.cn.
1. Degree program students should attend the annual review; the student can continue to enjoy the next year scholarship only when he or she is qualified from the assessment.
2. For enrollment and other matters during the Covid-19 epidemic, Please contact us after you get the Scholarship.
3. The scholarship will be cancelled for those who cannot complete registration without any reason, fail to pass the medical examination, drop out or suspend during schooling.
Address: Room 101, School of International Education，Dongbei University of Finance and Economics，No.217 Jianshan Street, Shahekou District, Dalian, China
Post Code: 116025