Table of Contents
2022 Shenyang Ligong University for Chinese Government Scholarship
Introduction to Shenyang Ligong University (SYLU)
Shenyang Ligong University (SYLU), founded in 1948, is a pilot university of the National Plan for Education and Training of Excellent Engineers, a university to recruit international students with Chinese Government Scholarship and a university approved by the Ministry of Education for recruiting high-level football team.
SYLU covers an area of 1,130,000m2with school buildings covering 444,000m2. There is a local area network on the campus. The library occupies an area of 40,000m2with 1,435,500 paper books in the collection.
The students’ cultural and sports facilities are all in readiness. A standard stadium and students’ sports center are established, which provide a good foundation for the all-round development of college students. SYLU is the National and Provincial Popular Science Education Base and has a state-level Sino-Russian science and technology cooperation base.
SYLU has built 4 cooperative laboratories with advanced equipment and technology with 9 research institutes affiliated to the National Academy of Sciences of Russia and Belarus. SYLU has also established Confucius Institute and the National Pushkin Russian Center in cooperation with Tomsk State Universityin Russia.
More about Shenyang Ligong University: http://www.sylu.edu.cn/
Basic Requirements for Applicants
1. Non-Chinese citizens, in good health.
2. Academic and age requirements:
Bachelor’s programs: high school education or above, excellent academic performance, not older than 25 years old;
Master’s programs: bachelor’s degree or above, with excellent academic performance, majoring in a field related to the master’s program applied for, not older than 35 years old;
3. Language requirements:
Bachelor’s programs: HSK4
No requirement for HSK for the undergraduate major of Chinese Language and Literature.
Master’s programs: HSK5
Scholarship Categories & Duration
1. Categories: undergraduate students and master’s students
2. Financial support period: 4 academic years for undergraduate students and 2.5-3 academic years for master’s students
Scholarship content and criteria
1. Free tuition fees.
2. Free on-campus accommodation.
3. Providing living allowance (undergraduate students: RMB 2500/month, master’s students: RMB 3000/month)
4. Provide comprehensive medical insurance.
According to the Ministry of Education, scholarship recipients who have not entered China are only entitled to the exemption of tuition fees, and start receiving their living allowance after they enter China and report to SYLU.
Bachelor Programs: SYLU2022本科专业列表-来华留学生（CSC项目）.pdf
Master Programs: SYLU2022硕士专业列表-来华留学生（CSC项目）.pdf
April 15, 2022
Step 1: Apply at CSC website
Log on to https://www.campuschina.org/ and complete the online registration and application.
Please select Type B.
SYLU’s agency number is 10144.
Step 2: Apply at SYLU website
Log on to https://sylu.at0086.cn/StuApplication to complete registration and application.
Application Documents List
1. The first page of passport.
2. Notarized certificate of highest education. If the applicant is a student, he/she must submit a certificate of school attendance issued by his/her school. Texts in languages other than English and Chinese must be accompanied by a notarized translation into Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts. Transcripts of all courses taken at the high school or undergraduate level. Texts in languages other than English and Chinese must be accompanied by a notarized translation into Chinese or English.
4. Plan for study or research in China. The content should include the reasons for scholarship application, family financial situation, personal study and work performance, personal awards and specialties received, etc. Not less than 800 words, written in Chinese or English.
5. Two letters of recommendation.
6. HSK score report. HSK 4 for undergraduate program applicants and HSK 5 for master’s program applicants.
7. “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” (completed in Chinese or English). Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the “Foreigner Physical Examination Form”. The “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” with missing items, without the photo of the applicant or without the stamp on the photo, without the signature and stamp of the physician and the hospital is invalid.
The examination results are valid for 6 months.
See attachment: 外国人体格检查表 Foreigner Physical Examination Form(sample).pdf
8. Certificate of no criminal record. Applicants must submit a certificate of no criminal record issued by the local public security authorities within the validity period, which should normally be within 6 months before the date of submitting the application. If you are unable to apply for a certificate of no criminal record, please download the “No Criminal Record Commitment” to fill out and sign and upload.
See attachment: 无犯罪记录承诺书 No Criminal Record Commitment.pdf
9. Other documents such as published papers, proof of awards, proof of work or internship, etc. (if any)
1. Please make sure to apply on both CSC and SYLU’s websites and submit the same application information and documents, otherwise the scholarship application will be invalid.
2. Please do not mail any paper materials.
3. After applying online, if approved, the scholarship applicant must provide the original diploma and transcript for verification at the beginning of the school year.
4. Due to the global epidemic, if international students are unable to enter the university in the fall semester of 2022, the university will continue to adopt online instruction, and the instruction time will be arranged according to Beijing time. Applicants are advised to carefully consider whether they can receive online instruction in accordance with their actual situation before applying.
Address: School of International Education, Shenyang Ligong University, No.6 Nanping Middle Road, Hunnan District, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China
Zip code: 110159
Tel: 0086-024-24681016 (Russian-speaking nations)
0086-024-24681868 (Other nations)
Email: email@example.com (Official)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Russian-speaking nations)
email@example.com (Other nations)
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net