Dating from 1941, Heilongjiang University is one of the oldest universities in Harbin. It has traditionally taught classical subjects, and is generally considered to have the best Russian Language faculty in China. In recent years the university has expanded rapidly. Its student body currently exceeds 30,000.
Located in the west of the city about six kilometres from the main railway station, Heilongjiang University has an attractive, spacious campus with a full range of facilities on-site. These include a ten thousand seater gymnasium hall, an artificial grass football (soccer) stadium, an athletics track, banks, post offices, hotels, bookstores etc.
Supermarkets and a multitude of restaurants are also located right outside the university, so many students rarely find it necessary to make the trip into the city centre.
At present, Heilongjiang University has more than 32,000 full-time students and more than 5,000 graduate students. Now, it has 10 national specialties, 14 of the first batch of national & 8 provincial first-class undergraduate professional construction sites, 27 provincial key majors, 10 national-level quality courses, 3 national-level quality video open class, 50 provincial quality courses, a national & provincial teaching team of 6 people & 8 people, 2 national training model innovation experimental zone, 1 national experimental teaching demonstration center, 6 provincial education Demonstration Center.
Heilongjiang University(黑龙江大学) has a strong faculty, a group of famous teachers and a talent pool. There are nearly 2,800 faculty members, including nearly 1,700 full-time teachers, more than 900 graduate tutors, and more than 800 teachers with senior titles. Among them, 5 people won the “National Teaching Teacher Award”, ranking 19th in the country’s universities and ranking first in local universities. “National Excellent Teacher”, “National Model Teacher” and other national and provincial honorary titles winners are more than 200 people.
The university has “Cheung Kong Scholar” distinguished 2 professors, “Cheung Kong Scholar” young 1 scholar, 1 national outstanding Youth Science Fund winner, and six people from “people plan” high-level personnel. There are 6 national-level candidates for the “Ten Million Talent Project”, 16 candidates for the “New Century Excellent Talent Support Program” by the Ministry of Education, 7 national-level “Young and Middle-aged Experts with Outstanding Contributions” and 1 “Putin Prize” award winner.
There are 5 winners of the “Pushkin Medal” and 59 people enjoying special government allowances from the State Council.
Heilongjiang University(黑龙江大学) has teaching and research equipment worth 5.47 billion yuan. The library has a book collection capacity of 10.58 million volumes, with large open shelves, a total of 15 reading rooms, document centers and audio-visual rooms with different functions, and more than 2,400 reading seats. The continuous opening of the museum is implemented, and it is open for 13.5 hours every day.
Through the campus network and China Education and Research Network and the Internet, the library has fully realized the automatic management of the library. Students can enter the library to read books with the campus card.
Heilongjiang University(黑龙江大学) offers outstanding dorm rooms shared with two people. However, students may opt to live alone, and students may also choose among rooms that are priced differently. There are 513 rooms that are able to house more than 1000 students. Currently, there are students from the US, and Russia. Japan and 40 other countries living in international student dormitories.
Basic facilities: single beds, closet, desk, TV, telephone, refrigerator, LAN port, AC, central heating & private bathrooms. Other facilities: Elevator, public kitchen, public washing machine, ATM, dining hall, recreation room, reference rooms, study rooms, computer lab, supermarket, post office, fitness center, and swimming pool. Food dishes include halal and western food at reasonable prices. There are many Chinese, Western, and Korean restaurants and fast-food restaurants on the main road outside the main entrance of the university.
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project
Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project Master of Finance Training Program for Asian Countries By Heilongjiang University 2019
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS)
In order to enhance mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and the people of all countries in the world and advance the exchanges and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the fields of politics, economy, culture, education, economy and trade, the Chinese government has set up a scholarship program to help students, teachers, scholars around the world to study and engage in research activities in Chinese higher education institutions.
Chinese Government Scholarship program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars.
MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
This program recruits excellent foreign students for postgraduate studies. HLJU attaches great importance to this scholarship: each year it offers to a part of new master students, who are already enrolled and passed the requirements on basis of their academic achievements, background, exam scores and other factors, the opportunity to receive a Chinese Government Scholarship (full scholarship). The available major is just Finance.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship:
|Study program||Duration (year)|| Duration of remedial
Chinese language courses
|Apply for Master’s degree||3||1 year||September||31, March|
- Applicants who have scored 180 points in HSK 5 within two years can study their major courses directly.
- Applicants who fail to pass HSK 5 need to study Chinese for one year after coming to school. Only after they have passed HSK5, can they start the professional study.
- Applicants can not choose their mother tongue (such as English, French or other foreign languages) as their major
(*) 3 Major: Finance
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Deadline:
Deadline: March 31
When you fill the form, you need to pay attention to these two places:
- Study abroad program categories: B
- Accepting institution number: 10212
Requirements for Applicants
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Requirements for Applicants:
- The applicant must be a healthy non – Chinese citizen.
- Applicants must be students who have not studied in China now (the graduates of Chinese universities must have a gap period (of more than one academic year);
- Educational background and age limits:
- Apply for Master’s degree programs: applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35;
- Apply for Doctoral degree programs: applicants must have a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent academic performance (75 points or more in percentage system);
- Strong research ability;
- Applicants should not receive any other scholarship funding else.
Scholarship Funding Content And Standards
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Scholarship Funding Content And Standards:
1. The full scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance.
2. The standard of living expenses for scholarship students: Master: 3,000 yuan / month
3. The cost of living is regularly paid to the scholarship students by the school monthly.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance: In accordance with regulations, comprehensive medical insurance will be purchased by The Ministry of Education of China for all Chinese government scholarship students.
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Application Documents:
Applicants must faithfully fill in and submit the following application materials. You need to send two set of paper materials (both the original one and the duplicate one).
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Form:
- Please log in this website and fill your information on the form online: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register during December 15 to March 31.
- After you complete the form, please print the CGS application form generated automatically by the system and sign your name on it.
Notarized Copy of Highest Diploma or Prospective Diploma
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Notarized Copy of Highest Diploma or Prospective Diploma:
They must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Academic Transcripts:
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. If you have passed HSK or HSKK, please send your HSK transcripts, too.
Study Plan or Research Proposal
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Study Plan or Research Proposal:
This should be a minimum of 800 words (written in Chinese or English).
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Recommendation Letters:
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor (written in Chinese or English).
Photocopy of Valid Passport
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Photocopy of Valid Passport:
Photocopy of valid Passport (the page with your photo)
Foreigner Physical Examination Form
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Foreigner Physical Examination Form:
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, you could download it at the end of this page, see Attachment 1)
- The physic examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
All the documents above (both the original one and the duplicate one) need to send to “International Student Admission Office, Institute of International Culture and Education, Heilongjiang University Heilongjiang University” before March 31. Whether applicants are accepted or not, all the materials will not be returned. If some materials cannot be delivered on time, please tell us.
Admission And Notification
2019 Heilongjiang Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Project’s Admission And Notification:
1. Applicants can check the application process and results through the scholarship registration system.
2. Website: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register
3. Heilongjiang University is responsible for reviewing the applicant’s application materials and reporting it to the China Scholarship Council.
4. At the beginning of July, we will mail the “Heilongjiang University Admission Notice”, “Registration Notice” and “Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China” (JW202 Form) for applicants who meet the admission requirements. The accepted students are required to register at the time stated in the Admission Notice.
Ways to Contact
1. International Student Admission Office, Institute of International Culture and Education, Heilongjiang University
2. Telephone: 86-451-86609033
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Website: http://hi.hlju.edu.cn/
5. Self-Funded Online Application: https://hlju.17gz.org/member/login.do
6. Address: International Student Admission Office, Institute of International Culture and Education, Heilongjiang University, No. 74 Xuefu Road, Nangang District, Harbin, China, 150080