Table of Contents
2019 Guangxi University for Nationalities for Chinese Government Scholarship Program
About Guangxi University for Nationalities
Founded in 1952, Guangxi University for Nationalities, or GXUN, lies in Nanning, capital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. GXUN includes two campuses: East Campus and West Campus. With an area of 1983 mu, the University consists of 23 colleges, with 3 doctorate’s, 68 bachelor’s and 79 master’s degree programs.
According to the statistics in May, 2014, this school has 19,743 enrolled students, among whom there are 1,340 postgraduates, 14,765 undergraduates, 1,001 junior college students, 1,742 preppies and 895 overseas students.
GXUN is an institution to recruit international students under the Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, and Nanning Foreign Affairs Office Scholarship. It’s also an institution to recruit international students from Southeast Asian Nations under Guangxi Government Scholarship.
As a test center for HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test), a Chinese languange training center for talents in Southeast Asian Nations, an Executive School of the Training Program in China for Overseas Chinese Teachers, and one of China’s Key Universities Helping Teaching Chinese in the Surrounding Countries, GXUN have trained 12,000 overseas students in all so far.
It was awarded the Advanced Collective for Foreign Students’ Education twice respectively in 2009 and 2014 by Foreign Students Management Branch affiliated to China Association of Higher Education.
It actively carries out international cooperation and exchange activities, and has established exchanges and cooperation with 136 foreign universities or academic institutions from 17 countries and regions.It has established three Confucius Institutes with Mahasarakham University in Thailand, National University of Laos and Unversitas Tanjungpura, Indonesia.
A lot of important political learders of ASEAN came to GXUN for a visit, among whom were Cambodian King Sihanouk, Vietnamese President Tran Duc Luong, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Mininister Pham Gia Khiem, Thai Princess Sirindhorn, Laos Prime Minister Bouasone Bouphavanh and Laos Congress Chairman Pany YATHOTOU etc. A Thai Language Training Base was establised in this school by the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities.
China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
Guangxi University for Nationalities is recruiting undergraduate students and graduate students under the Chinese Government Scholarship Graduate Program in the year of 2019, approved by the MOE.
1. Programs: Full time Master degree program and PhD program.
2. Nationality: Application is open to all the countries. Application from Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries is considered first.
3. Admission Requirement: Applicants for master degree program must be under the age of 35, while applicants for PhD program must be under the age of 45. All applicants should hold a bachelor degree or master degree and have basic Chinese language skills. Applicants for master degree program should have recommendations from two professors or associate professors, while applicants for PhD program should have recommendations from two professors. Applicants should have HSK 4 level cetificate or higher.
Applicants who plan to pursue academic program for their native language or academic program for English, French, and other non-Chinese-language literature are not considered. Scholarship application is open to prospective students only. This scholarship does not provide support for international students who are already studying in China.
4. List of Graduate Programs (More Details on the Website (http://gjjy.gxun.edu.cn/lxmd/zyyl.htm）
1. Registered Fee, Tuition fee and cost for dormitory on campus are covered.
2. Standard living allowance is provided. 3500 Yuan/Month for doctor degree program,3000 Yuan/Month for master degree program.
3. Standard Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan for International Students in China is provided.
International travel expenses are not included.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship Program should file their application to the College of International Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities. The application deadline is April 30, 2019 (based on Postmark Date). The deadline may be moved forward or delayed due to the special situation this year.
Application Documents (Three Copies Required)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
Applicants should apply through the CSC Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (available at CSC website http://laihua.csc.edu.cn). Print out the generated Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and attach your photo to your application form. The institution ID for Guangxi University for Nationalities is 10608.
2. Two recommendation letters.
Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors in the related fields of your study for master degree applicants. Two recommendation letters from professors in the related fields of your study for PhD degree applicants. Recommendation letters should be written in Chinese or English.
3. Proof of Bachelor degree or Master Degree and undergraduate or graduate transcript.
All proof and transcripts should be notarized in Chinese or English by relevant government offices. If applicants are currently enrolled in an academic program, a letter of enrollment is required. (The letter of enrollment should clarify that applicant is on the path to meet graduation requirements and will graduate on time.)
4. A copy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Attachment 1).
5. Your plan of study in China.
Applicants should include reasons for scholarship application, past study or work performance, honors received, personal specialties, and etc. (The plan must be written in Chinese or English.)
6. A copy of valid passport.
7. HSK cetificate or other materials which can prove Chinese level.
Application Material Requirement
1. All application materials should be printed with A4 – size paper. Application materials should be mailed to the Admission Office at the College of Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities.
2. To verify all application materials, we do not accept any electronic application at this point.
3. The application deadline is April 30.
Admission Process and Entry Procedure
Guangxi University for Nationalities and relevant government offices will process all scholarship program applications and finalize a list of admitted students. All admitted students should receive an admission notice. Admitted students should bring the following materials to local Chinese Embassy or Consulate when applying for a Chinese visa and finish registration process at the College of International Education after arriving on campus by the deadline indicated on the admission notice:
1. Valid Passport.
2. Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201).
3. Admission Notice.
4. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner.
5. Original Copy of Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Diploma, Bachelor/Master Degree Certificate, Undergraduate/Postgraduate Transcript.
Office of Admission
Address: College of International Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities, Daxue East, Road 188 Nanning, Guangxi 530006, People’s Republic of China.
Zip Code: 530006
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net