Admission Bulletin for Non-degree Chinese Language Program for Spring Semester 2022 at GXUN
I. General Information
The Non-degree Chinese Language Program is designed to applicants with different levels of Chinese proficiency. Applicants will be placed into three levels (i.e. beginning, intermediate and advanced) and be grouped into different small classes.
The program will focus on the training of listening, speaking, reading, and writing, with optional modules such as Chinese culture experience modules, HSK tutorial, relevant Chinese language modules to be a supplement to core course. The objective is to help learners improve their abilities of Chinese language and communication, so as to enable them to apply Chinese in theirs studies, life and future careers.
Certificate of completion and transcripts will be issued to students upon completion of the study.
II. Course Structure Teaching Schedule
1. Major Language Courses:
Elementary Level (Beginning class– Elementary class):
- Elementary Comprehensive Chinese
- Elementary Speaking, Elementary Listening
- Elementary Chinese Characters, Elementary Reading, etc.
Intermediate Level (Pre-Intermediate class – Intermediate class):
- Intermediate Comprehensive Chinese
- Intermediate Speaking, Intermediate Listening
- Intermediate Reading, Chinese Cultural, etc.
- Advanced Comprehensive Chinese
- Advanced Listening and Speaking
- Advanced Writing, Advanced Reading
- General Conditions of China,etc.
2. Elective Courses:
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Traditional Chinese Painting
- Introduction of Chinese Characters
- Chinese film and television appreciation
- Traditional Chinese Operas
- Ancient Chinese
- HSK Examination Guidance
- Business Chinese Conversation
- Practical Chinese Writing
- Chinese Phonetic Training and Reading
Note: There is still uncertainty of the enrollment and courses arrangements due to the impact of Covid-19 pandemic. The admission is subject to the development of Covid-19 pandemic. Real-time online interaction courses will be provided if applicants are unable to come to China and join classes on campus physically due to the impact of Covid-19 pandemic. Please pay attention to the relevant university notice and check your personal email frequently in order to learn about the latest enrollment arrangement.
III. Application Duration
Application is open all year around.
Note: An academic year at GXUN is usually consisted of two semesters (spring semester and autumn semester):
Spring semester: early March to mid-July
Autumn semester: early September to the following mid-January
1. Application fee: RMB 300 (non-refundable).
2. Tuition fee: RMB 12,000 /year; RMB 6,000 /semester.
3. Insurance fee: RMB 700 /year; RMB 490 /semester.
According to the regulations of Ministry of Education, international students who come to our school to study for one semester or longer must purchase comprehensive medical insurance in mainland of China as a necessary requirement for their registration for the new semester. Students who fail to purchase the comprehensive medical insurance which meet certain requirements will NOT be registered by the university.
4. Accommodation Fee:
Unit: RMB(Chinese Yuan)
|One Academic Year||12,000||6,000||3,000|
5. Account Information: The account information can be seen from attachment 1, please upload the scanned copy of the receipt to the admissions system.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with proper moral conduct, in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study and between the age of 18 and 65.
2. Applicants should be financially able to cover all expenses required during their studies.
VI. Application Procedure:
1. Register and activate an account in the online Application & Admission System for International Students （http://gxun.liuguanbao.com/Account/Login/）. Chrome browser is recommended here.
2. Fill in the online application for Chinese Language program.
3. Upload the photocopy of passport. Passport validity period must be more than 12 months.
4. Upload digital photos (Requirements of photos: no restriction on background color, dark clothing bust is needed; Pixels above 480*640 are acceptable.)
5. Upload the photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
The applicants should take physical examination in strict accordance with the tests specified in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. If there are incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants, the Physical Examination Form for Foreigner will be deemed invalid. The Physical Examination Form for Foreigner can be downloaded from this link: http://gjjy.gxun.edu.cn/info/1239/4437.htm
6. Upload the scanned copy of the application fee remittance voucher.
1. The applicants should submit all the documents through the online application system during the application period. Incomplete applications will not be processed after the specified deadline.
2. Please do NOT deliver any hard copies of the application materials or submit applications via email.
3. Please fill in applicant’s name and passport number when you are paying tuition fees to the university bank account. The application fee will not be refunded regardless of the admission result.
1.Students are enrolled on the basis of competitive selection.
2. The application status can be checked in the online application & admission system（http://gxun.liuguanbao.com/Account/Login/).. The Admission Notice and other relevant documents will be sent to the applicants by email in different batches.
Admitted students shall register strictly according to the time specified in the admission notice.
Note：For students who are in the mainland of China or who can enter the country and come to the university with a study visa, the on-site teaching mode will be offered. For students who cannot come to the school for on-site learning, the whole courses will be offered online.
Address: College of International Education, Guangxi University for Nationalities
No.188, East Daxue Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P. R. China.
Official University Website: http://www.gxun.edu.cn/
Note: Please pay close attention to the website of College of International Education for changes and update of information. For more information, please visit the website of College of International Education Guangxi University for Nationalities （http://gjjy.gxun.edu.cn/lxmd/zsxx.htm）or follow our Wechat official account “Study at GXUN”.