2022 Jiangsu Normal University Admissions Guide
AN INTRODUCTION TO JIANGSU NORMAL UNIVERSITY
Established in 1952, Jiangsu Normal University (JSNU) is one of top universities in Jiangsu Province, jointlysponsored and administrated by Jiangsu Province and Ministry of Education. The University is located in the historic and cultural city —Xuzhou City with a history of over 2600 years. The City enjoys geographic advantages in East China as an important transportation hub.
JSNU offers 63 undergraduate programs, 35 master’s programs under the first layer of disciplines and one doctorate program. At present, JSNU has an enrollment of over 20 thousand undergraduates, over 3500 doctor and master candidates. Its population of faculty is 1636, including 335 full professors and 576 associate professors, among whom 50 professors are titledas “Cheung Kong Scholars”, or “National Distinguished Young Scholars”. Besides, the University has 18 teaching or research teams at the levels of province or state.
The University attaches great importance to disciplines and researches. It has 6 prestigious disciplines and 12 key subjects at the provincial level. Its disciplines of chemistry, engineering are ranked as top 1% of ESI; and 21 subjects are listed on the Best Chinese Subjects by Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018. In 2019, JSNU is ranked 56th on the Ranking of China University Social Science Researches. Its Nature Index has entered the “Top100” universities in mainland China. JSNU comes to the 109th among Chinese mainland universities on the US News rankings 2019.
As one of the first group of universities entitled to accept international students and a member of China Scholarship Council (CSC), JSNU has been approved the projects such as CSC Provincial Universities-Targeted Initiative, CSC Sino-US Cultural Exchanges Initiative, CSC Silk Road Postgraduate Initiative and others. JSNU has close ties with over 80 sister schools in the world, including universities in UK, US, Australia and Russia. It has jointly established research platforms with Harvard University, the University of Edinburgh, and University College London. JSNU has frequent exchanges and communication with universities in the United States, Australia, Japan, Russia, Belorussia and other countries in joint programs and credit transfer. And 26it also conducts faculty and staff training programs with world-known universities, such as Harvard University, Hong Kong University and so on. JSNU makes full use of the favorable policies of CSC and CI Headquarters to help international students to take degree courses or non-degree courses such as.
International Economics and Trade
International Chinese Education
Chinese Language and Literature
Dance Director (Normal)
International Economics and Trade
Electrical Engineering and Automation
Mechanical Design-manufacture and Automation
Musicology and Dancology
Surveying and Mapping Science and Technology
Chinese Language Course
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
All master programs and PhD programs are available to apply.
2-3 years for Master programs; 3-4 years for PhD program
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the ageof 35 when applying for master’s programs
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs
- have acquired the New TOEFL 75 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent to the same level when applying for English taught master’s or doctoral programs; have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 5 when applying for Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral programs
- meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
Apply online at http://admission.jsnu.edu.cn/，and submit all your application documents to JSNU before the deadline.
Wait for the assessment. JSNU will give candidate who pass all the assessment Pre-admission.
Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.campuschina.org), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. The Agency Number of JSNU is 10320.
The result of the review will be released through email from JSNU after the CSC’s final approval.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)
- Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2022), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application
- Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translation
- Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate,graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English
- Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for other language-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS or TOFEL report;
- Pre-admission documents. Pre-admission documents issued by the Chinese university of preference, including an official admission letter, a pre-admission letter, or an invitation letter from a prospective supervisor recognized by the department of international students admission at Chinese universities.
- A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor
- Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad
- Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6months prior to the submission date of the application.
1st February to 30tht April 2022
The tuition, accommodation fee, comprehensive medical insurance and monthly stipend will be paid by Chinese government.
INTERNATIONAL CHINESE LANGUAGE TEACHERS SCHOLARSHIP
For the purpose of satisfying the growing demand of the international community for Chinese language teachers and facilitating Chinese language education in other countries, the Center for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) will continue with the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Scholarship). Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms, certain HSK test centers, Chinese language (education) departments of foreign universities, professional associations for Chinese language instruction, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad (hereinafter collectively referred to as “recommending institutions”) may recommend outstanding students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers for study of International Chinese Language Education or related majors at Chinese universities and colleges (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
a) Non-Chinese citizens;
b) Should be friendly to China, have no criminal record, and abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the school;
c) In good physical and mental conditions, and with a good record of academic performance and conduct;
d) Aspiring to work in the Chinese language education and related fields;
e) Aged between16 and 35 (as of 1September, 2022), with the special allowancefor the age limit of 45 for applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers and that of 25 for undergraduate student applicants.
SCHOLARSHIP TYPES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A. Chinese Language Teacher Programme
a) Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
The programme commences in September 2022 and provides scholarship for a maximum of two academic years. Applicants shall hold a Bachelor’s degree, and have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK Test (Level 5) as well as 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level). Priority will be given to applicants who may provide a work contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China or a proof to the same effect.
b) Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
The programme commences in September 2022 and provides scholarship for a maximum of four academic years. Applicants shall hold a senior high school diploma and a minimum score of 210 on the HSK Test (Level4) as well as 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level)
c) Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
The programme commences in September 2022, and provides scholarship for a maximum of eleven months. International students who have benefited from similar scholarships are not eligible. For the area of TCSOL, applicants shall have a minimum score of 270 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required. For the areas of Chinese Language and Literature, etc., applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level). For the area of Chinese Language Study, applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3). Priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
d) Scholarship for One-Semester Study
The programme commences either in September 2022 or March 2023, and provides scholarship of a maximum of five months. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible. For the areas of TCSOL, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy, etc., applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required. For the area of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Taiji Culture, applicants are required to provide HSK test scores. Priority will be given to applicants who also provide HSKK test scores.
- B. Cooperative Scholarships
Cooperative Scholarships are jointly funded by CLEC and educational departments and universities of other countries. The enrollment methods, slots, and forms of support under this type of scholarships will be updated on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website.
- C. Scholarship for Online Programmes
a) Online Programme for One-year Chinese Language Study commences in September or March each year. A general Chinese proficiency test score of 180 in HSK (Level 3) is required, and HSKK scores are preferred.
b) Online Programme for One-Semester Chinese Language Study commences in September or March each year. Generally, applicants must have an HSK score (no specificrequirements for level or score)
c) For Special Online Study Programme, please consult the relevant host institutions for specific application requirements and methods of application.
Online registration will be available from 1 March, 2022 on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website (cis.chinese.cn). Please log on to search for recommending institutions and host institutions; upload application materials online; and track the application progress, comments and results. Scholarship holders need to confirm with the host institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out the scholarship certificate online, and register at host institutions on the designated date as per the letter of admission.
The Application Deadlines (Beijing Time) :
a) For programmes commencing in July, applicants must complete their applications before15 April, and recommending institutions and host institutions must complete reviewing before 25 April.
b) For programmes commencing in September, applicants must complete their applications before 15 May 15, and recommending institutions and host institutions must complete reviewing before 25 May 25.
c) For programmes commencing in December, applicants must complete their applications before 15 September, and recommending institutions and host institutions must complete reviewing before 25 September.
d) For programmes commencing in March 2023, applicants must complete their applications before 15 November, 2022, and recommending institutions and host institutions must complete reviewing before 25 November, 2022. CLEC will entrust an expert panel to review the applications. Decisions will be made based on HSK and HSKK scores and levels, and in consideration of country distribution as well as other factors. The results will be published about three months before school starts.
Policies Regarding Currently Employed Chinese Language Teachers and Chinese Bridge Award Recipients
a) Currently employed Chinese language teachers: Currently employed Chinese language teachers applying for the scholarships can be exempted from submitting Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK) certificates if they can provide proof of employment and a letter of recommendation from the institution where they work.
b) Chinese Bridge Award Recipients: Applicants who have won the 2022 International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Certificate in various Chinese Bridge competitions should submit their application documents along with their scholarship certificates to relevant host institutions on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website. For further inquiry, please contact email@example.com.
JSNU DISCIPLINE SCHOLARSHIP
In order to further promoteinternational studenteducationof Jiangsu Normal University, andto support and encourage more outstanding international students to study in Jiangsu Normal University, our university sets up a new scholarship program ——”JSNU Discipline Scholarship for International Students”, which is supportedby variousschools and faculties.Every school gives full play to its professional characteristics and takes advantage of itskey disciplines to attract outstanding students from all over the world to study for Master Degrees in China.
MAJORS AND PLACES
|Coverage and Standard
|School of Computer Science and Technology
|1）Tuition fee, accommodation fee (campus-living), and medical insurance are included
|School of Education Science（School of Teacher Education）
|School of Geography,Geomatics and planning
|(1) Geography Science
(2) Surveying and Mapping Science and Technology
|2）living expenses: 6000/Year
- Be non-Chinese citizens with valid foreign passports.
- Befriendly to China and healthy both mentally and physically
- Have a degreeequivalent to bachelor’s degree or above in China
- Have good behavior,no truancy and other violations of school rules, and no violation of laws and regulations of China
- Achieve ascore of 80 or above in each subject, or meet other equivalent requirements.
- For Candidates who apply for English-taught majors, youmust provide evidence of competence in English as followsduring the validity periodif your native language is not English:IELTS overall6 or TOEFL overall 80 or other proof of English proficiency recognized by the school.For Candidates who apply for Chinese-taught majors, youmust provide evidence of competence in Chinese as follows:at least Level 5 of International Chinese Proficiency Standard.
- Not be awarded Chinese Government Scholarship, International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarshipand other fully funded scholarships
1st March to 31st May
JIANGSU NORMA L UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
JIANGSU NORMAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP is established by Jiangsu Normal University, aiming to attract more oversea students to study in Jiangsu Normal University, encourage them to be absorbed in study.
Sponsoring target and standard
- ‘JIANGSU NORMAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP’sponsors the new international students who have been enrolled in school, which set up first andsecond prizes, the amounts are 100% and 50% tuition fee of first academic year separately. The number depends on the annual student resource.
- ‘JIANGSU NORMAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP’ also sponsors degree studentswho own excellency in character and learning.
|Category of Scholarship
|100% of tuition in oneacademic year
|50% of tuition in one academic year
- Applicants must hold foreignpassports, are friendly to China and are in good health;
- Applicants should be well-performing and notengaged in illegal activities that againstlawsof ChineseGovernment or regulations of university.
- Applicants are hard-working and have good grades
- Applicants cannot receive different types of scholarships from different government officials at all levels in China at same time
|Graduate from high school or above;
|Be a bachelor’s degree holder or above
|ForEnglish-taughtprograms:New TOEFL 70 or IELTS 5.5 or equivalent to the same level or participate in internal text, high performance is preferred
|ForEnglish-taughtprograms:New TOEFL 75 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent to the same level or participate in internal text, high performance is preferred
Step 1: Registeryouraccount at: https://admission.jsnu.edu.cn.
Step 2: Fill in the application and upload all required documents:
- A passport photo
- Passport (the photo page)
- Recent family financial statement
- Non-criminal Record
- Medical examination report
- Copy of finaleducational transcript (notarized Chinese/English translation if applicable )
- Copy of final educational certificate (notarized Chinese/English translation if applicable)
- English language proficiency certificate (non-English speaking countries, degree students)
- Other documents required from the college you applied (degree students)
- Study plan and two recommendation letters from Specialists (graduate students)
Step 3: Pay 400 application fee
Step 4:Check your admission status. Applicants that have been pre-accepted need to pay tuition fees before the due date
Step 5: Use “Application number+your name” as the title, send the scanned copy of both the receipt for insurance and tuition to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 6: Receive originals of“Acceptance Confirmation” ,“JW202” and “Notice Letter” by post or by email.
Step 7: Apply for X VISA and send us your arrival Information.
Step 8: Access www.lxb.net, and buy insurance that suits you. Degree-seeking students should buy insurance for one year while non-degree students can buy for one semester or one year, according to study time.
Step 9: Register on time and bring all the original documents with you.
Step 10:Apply for the visa extension or residence permit in China according to the application period.
Wire-transfer (RMB only)
User Name: Jiangsu Normal University
Name of the Bank: BANK OF CHINA TONGSHAN XUZHOU SUB-BRANCH
Bank Account No.: 489758206264
Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ940
Beneficiary Address: 101 Shanghai Road, Tongshan New District, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, P.R.China
Postscript: Application Number + name + the type of transfer fee
|Application fees is not refundable
|International students who really need to apply for refund due to special reasons shall first submit a written application to the college, which shall be approved by the college and submitted to the finance office for approval. Tuition fee and accommodation fee shall be refunded according to the following standards, and other fees shall not be refunded. (1) 50% of the fee will be refunded if students apply within two weeks (including two weeks) after the enrollment date.
(2) The fee will not be refunded if students apply two weeks after school starts.
(3) For short-term students whose duration of study is less than 4 weeks, they will get no refund after the admission notice and JW-202 form are issued by the college
|It is compulsory to buy accident insurance , the specific amount of compensation is subjected to change by insurance companies.