Table of Contents
2021 Wuhan University of Technology for MOFCOM Scholarship Program
About Wuhan University of Technology and MOFCOM Scholarship Program
Wuhan University of Technology
Wuhan University of Technology (WUT) is a public university in Wuhan, Hubei. The university is sponsored by the Ministry of Education.
The university is a Project 211 institute and a Double First Class University of the Double First Class University Plan.
WUT was merged on May 27th, 2000, from the former Wuhan University of Technology (established in 1948), Wuhan Transportation University (established in 1946) and Wuhan Automotive Polytechnic University (established in 1958).
MOFCOM Scholarship Program
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to manage the Scholarship.
Wuhan University of Technology is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master’s and Doctoral Programs. From the website of http://admission.whut.edu.cn, you could find the related programs and information.
Supporting categories, duration of scholarship and instruction language
MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 3 years or PhD program for 3 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program.
Where & When to Apply
The Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy in your country will be open for application until 31st May 2021.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45 (born after September 1, 1976);
- be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
a) Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
b) Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
c) In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
d) Severe physically challenged
- with at least three years’ working experience, and be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program; be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, or senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions;
- be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of the program, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- be admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government are limited.
1. Students are exempt from tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fee;
2. Free on-campus accommodation;
3. Monthly stipend:
36000RMB per year per master student,
42000RMB per year per PhD student;
4. One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
5. Free medical insurance for international students;
6. One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year);
7. The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
Application Documents (written in Chinese or English)
2021 Wuhan University of Technology for MOFCOM Scholarship Program’s Application Online and Documents List:
1. Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
Ensure you have both submitted it online (visit www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org, click “Scholarship Application for Students”) and printed the hard copy. For more application instructions, please check Attachment I;
2. Photocopy of highest diploma;
3. Photocopy of academic transcripts;
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal, plus a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school;
5. Two recommendation letters, including one from current employer and one from academic perspective;
6. Photo copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
7. Photocopy of the English proficiency certificate;
8. Photocopy of a valid passport;
9. None Criminal Punishment Certificate.
a) All the documents to be submitted should be in Chinese or English. Otherwise, a notarized copy in Chinese or English is required.
b) An original copy of degrees, transcripts, Foreigner Physical Examination Form and language certificates must be presented for on-site verification.
c) Applicants will get back all the hard-copy materials, both original copies and photocopies from the ECCO of Chinese Embassy. If admitted, students must take the documents to China and submit them to the University Verification and archive.
d) Bringing spouse or other dependent for accompanying is not allowed during the students’ study in China. The scholarship will not provide any related cost;
e) No explanation will be given on the enrollment result.
f) Applications without the recommendation from the ECCO of Chinese Embassy will not be considered.
Each applicant can choose one major and three preferred universities out of the 26 designated universities. CSC will place each applicant in one university only on the basis of their choice and universities’ requirements.
Admission & Registration
Scholarship winners will receive the admission package from ECCO of the Chinese Embassy by the end of August, 2019, and must register at the host university before the deadline which is usually September, 2019.
Instructions of the CSC Online Application System for MOFCOM Scholarship
Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
Step 3: Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.
Your ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and ‘Agency Number’ is: 00010. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
Step 6: Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application.
Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
Step 8: Download the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form and print two hard copies.
Step 9: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (both hard copies and scan copies) to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
Step 10：If you apply to study in Wuhan University of Technology as a MOFCOM scholarship student, please register and submit your online application at Wuhan University of Technology Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whut.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University of technology” and other application document listed above.
Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
Please check the CSC website for more information http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_343888.html
Admissions Office, School of International Education, Wuhan University of Technology of Technology, No.205, Luoshi Road, Hongshan Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430070;
Post code: 430070
CSC Scholarship Application Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net