Table of Contents
2023 Nankai University for Silk Road Program
About Nankai University
Since its founding in 1919, Nankai University has forged a strong academic reputation. Known as the “North Star” among China’s higher education institutions, it has gathered many academic leaders over the years, and inspired generations of students, building a model for higher education in China.
“Dedication to public interests, acquisition of all-round capability, and aspiration for progress with each passing day” is the motto of Nankai University.
When Nankai University was first founded, Yan Fansun, the founding father of the Nankai schools, raised the proposal of valuing public interests and student’s capabilities, which was practiced along with the process of running the school.
Nankai’s character is as her motto required “Dedication to public interests, acquisition of all-round capability, and aspiration for progress with each passing day”.
Being the traditional accumulation and core value, school motto displays the educational philosophy and value pursuit of teachers and students. Meanwhile, it supplies a guideline for running school and the conduct of faculties and students.
The greatness of a university lies in her great spirit which is also the root and soul for the university to educate her students. The guidance and support of this spirit are needed for the construction of world-class universities.
Each university has its own university spirit, which embodies its educational philosophy and value pursuit.
As Lord Haldane, a modern British philosopher said: “The soul of a nation reflects its own truth in its universities.”
The color of Nankai University is pale purple, also known as Nankai purple. Lotus is known as the “flower of the gentleman” because its flower and fruit bloom together beautifully and gracefully.
Bachelors candidates,Masters candidates, PhD candidates
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
1. be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be an academically excellent holder of high school diploma or its equivalent under the age of 25 when applying for an undergraduate program;
3. be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
4. be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
5. Majors such as the first language or other country’s languages like French or English are not supported by scholarship;
6. Applicants must not hold another Scholarship.
Before March 31 of each year
Introduction to Eligible Majors and Lengths of Study
1. Log in to theNankai University International Student Online Service Registration Platform and fill out the application information https://nankai.at0086.cn/StuApplication
2. Log in to “Study in China Online Registration Information Platform”（https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login)，fillout the information, upload the necessary documents and submit. (Study Abroad Program, please select B, for the institution code please fill in Nankai University Code Number 10055)
Please confirm all information and steps. 1.Information must be consistent, if not, take steps to fix the inconsistencies. 2. Information must be accurate!
3.Take note of notifications concerning the application progress, evaluation, and scholarship results.
4. Respond to University emails in a timely manner and confirm mattersconcerning the scholarship.
Evaluation and Acceptance
All information provided in admissions must be consistent with the information on the applicant’s passport and visa or residence permit. After the applicant’s materials are reviewed, the department of the major applied for will set up an interview with the applicant.
The time of the interview will be announced by the relevant department.
After the evaluation of materials and the interview have been passed,theapplicantwillbe admitted. After admission, the school will perform another review of the materials and the applicant’s personal information.
If any inconsistencies, false documentation, etc. are detected, they will be grounds for immediate disqualification of scholarship eligibility.
Scholarship eligibility will be determined finally by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) and the results will be announced each year before July.
1. If the scholarship winner does not register at Nankai at the appointed time, then the scholarship will not be held for the applicant.
2. Upon arriving in China, the scholarship winner may not transfer to different school or major.
3. The scholarship period is limited to the school year in which the applicant was admitted, and cannot in theory be extended.
4. The scholarship winner must participate in the yearly scholarship evaluation according to the set guidelines.
People to Contact：Li Dan，Zheng Shuangshuang
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net