Table of Contents
Northwest Normal University, located in Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, is a key university jointly established by the People’s Government of Gansu Province and the Ministry of Education.
2023 Northwest Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship Program
niversity Program: 2023 Northwest Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship Program is designed to finance the study of talented international students in China that are directly selected and recommended by designated Chinese universities. An applicant shall file an application with Chinese universities undertaking this program.
Supporting Categories, Duration, Institutions, and Majors
Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor postgraduates
The duration of 2023 Northwest Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship Program for major study conforms to that as required.
Institutions and Majors
Please visit the website (http://www.campuschina.org) for further information about majors that we offer.
1. Tuition fees;
2. Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance:
CNY 800 per person per year;
CNY 400 per person (for programs lasting less than six months)
To be eligible, an applicants 2023 Northwest Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship Program must:
1. be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
3. be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
4. have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught postgraduate program;
5. meet the admission requirements of the university of preference in terms of language proficiency and academic ability, among others, when applying for a program taught in a language other than Chinese.
1. An applicant shall learn about designated Chinese universities and majors they offer by visiting websites (http://www.campuschina.org) or other means, and identify the preferred scholarship program, designated university and major;
2. An applicant shall reach the designated university for admission documents;
3. An applicant shall reach an application receiving agency for a recommendation;
4. An applicant shall fill in and submit theApplication Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online via the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System(http://www.campuschina.org);
5. The application receiving agency shall submit the recommended candidates list and their application documents;
6. The CSC will organize designated universities and experts concerned to examine applicants’ eligibility and academic performance before finalizing the short-list candidates;
7. The CSC will notify the admission results to the application receiving agency that will subsequently have the applicant informed.
1.Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in online before March 31 2023);
2. A scanned copy of the Passport Information Page. An applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of the information page of his/her passport that will not expire on or before March 1, 2023.
Renew the passport if the requirement is not met. An applicant who fails to apply for a passport due to objective reasons may submit valid documentation or documentary evidence that carries information about the full English name, sex, nationality and date of birth of the applicant upon the approval of the application receiving agency;
3. Diploma and certificate of highest education (notarized photocopy). An applicant who is a current university student shall submit the certificate of expected graduation or student status issued by his/her university;
4. Academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English shall be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
5. Certificate of language proficiency. When applying for a Chinese-taught program, an applicant shall provide a valid HSK score report that meets the program’s language ability requirements.
When applying for a program taught in a language other than Chinese, an applicant shall provide a certificate of proficiency in the language as required by the designated university, such as the IELTS or TOEFL test report;
6. Admission documents.
When applying for a postgraduate program or for academic education as a general or senior scholar, an applicant shall provide the admission documents issued by the university of preference, including an admission letter, a pre-admission letter;
Or the invitation letter from a prospect supervisor (admission documents will serve as a priority of admission in granting the Chinese Government Scholarship);
7. A study or research plan written in Chinese or in English (no less than 200 words/characters for undergraduates; no less than 500 words/characters for scholars; no less than 1000 words/characters for postgraduates);
8. Recommendation letters. An applicant for a postgraduate program or for academic education as a senior scholar shall submit two recommendation letters in Chinese or in English from professors or associate professors;
9. An applicant for the arts or design program shall provide his/her own works (such as videos and paintings);
10. An applicant to study in China for more than six months shall submit a photocopy of theForeigner Physical Examination Form (the original document, printed by Chinese quarantine authorities, shall be filled in in English and kept by the applicant).
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Medical examination results are valid for only six months;
11. An applicant shall submit a valid Certificate of Non-Criminal Record (or Police Clearance Certificate) issued by the local public security (such as the police station), usually issued within six months prior to the submission date of the application.
Northwest Normal University Agency code: 10736
Address: College of Cultural Exchange, Northwest Normal University, Anning Distrcit, Lanzhou, PRC, 730070
If you want to get more information about 2023 Northwest Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship Program, please contact us: Chinascholarship.net.