Table of Contents
Chinese Government Scholarship is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities.
2023 Nanjing University Chinese Government Scholarship Silk Road Program
The scholarship aims to increase the mutual understanding and friendship between the people of China and peoples from the rest of the world, and to develop the communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture and economics.
Nanjing University was founded in the year 1902 and it is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors. Besides, Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Nanjing University is located in the heart of a historical city: Nanjing. It is surrounded by beautiful scenery and has a picturesque environment and accessible transportation. Today’s Nanjing University consists of 4 campuses: Gulou, Pukou, Xianlin and Suzhou. Up to now, over 30 schools and departments have been developed at Nanjing University.
Currently, it hosts over 30,000 students, offering about 80 undergraduate programs, over 170 master’s programs and more than 60 doctoral programs. Nanjing University adopts a credit system, and after acquiring the total number of credits for the degree and successfully passing the oral defence of the Graduation Paper, the students can apply for graduation.
1. Bachelor’s students (Major: Chinese Language-Business Chinese; Language of instructions: Chinese; School: Institute for International Students)
2. Master’s students (Major: Information Resources Management; Language of instructions: English; School: School of Information Management)
Details of the master’s program of Information Resources Management can be found at https://hwxy.nju.edu.cn/lxnd/zsxx/yyskzy/20220627/i224195.html.
1. Bachelor’s program applicants should be older than 18, younger than 25, and the age limit of the master’s program applicants is 35. The applicants’ nationalities should be on the list of the 64 countries along the Belt and Road.
2. Bachelor’s program applicants must have completed their high school education, while the master’s program applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2023, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their study and receive the diploma by July of 2023.
- Students who have been granted other Chinese scholarships or funding (2023-2024) are not eligible for this scholarship.
For the bachelor’s program of Chinese Language-Business Chinese:
- Admission requirement: HSK level 5;
- Graduation requirement: HSK level 6.
For the master’s program of Information Resources Management:
- Admission requirement: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 85/TOEFL Essentials 9 /Duolingo 100;
- Graduation requirement: HSK level 3.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
YEAR LIMIT OF SCHOLARSHIP
The study duration of the bachelor’s students is 4 years, and that of the master’s students is 2 years.
REGULATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ANNUAL REVIEW
Scholarship students should study full-time at Nanjing University, and obey the university’s rules and regulations. The study, research, and thesis writing should be finished at the university. No long-distance education is permitted. Transferring school is not allowed either. Principally, students are not allowed to leave school, including visiting parents, referring to learning materials, or doing an internship during the school year unless during holidays.
If there is an emergency, students can leave school with the permission notice of their advisors and departments along with the approval of the Institute for International Students. If a student violates the related regulations or leaves the university during the school year without any permission, his or her scholarship shall be suspended or even canceled.
According to the regulations of the Chinese Scholarship Council, all scholarship students should take part in the annual review of the scholarship qualification. The time for annual review is from March to May every year. After the review, those who are qualified can keep their scholarships, while the scholarships of those who failed the assessment will be suspended or even canceled.
1. Allowance: In the scholarship duration, awardees will be provided with a monthly stipend of RMB 2,500 (for bachelor’s students)/RMB 3,000 (for master’s students).
2. Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
3. Health Insurance: An insurance fee of RMB 800/year will be offered to the students in the scholarship duration, and they will be required to purchase the insurance accordingly.
4. Lodging: Free lodging in the international dormitory of the university will be provided for the students in the entire duration of the scholarship.
Applicants should make two online applications: one on the CSC website and the other at NJU’s China International Student Service System. The application duration is from Jan. 1, 2023 to Mar. 15, 2023. The specific procedure is as follows.
1. Register and apply at the CSC website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/). After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Program Type, please choose “B”), please click the “submit ” button and download the application form.
2. Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System: https://nju.17gz.org/. (For the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”.) The following documents will need to be uploaded.
1) CSC Scholarship Application Form;
2) Academic transcripts;
3) Certificate of your highest diploma;
4) Two recommendation letters from the teachers of the school you last attended (The referees for the master’s program applicants should at least be associate professors);
5) HSK test certificate (for the applicants for Chinese Language)/TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo test result (for the applicants for Information Resources Management);
6) Personal Statement (the master’s program applicants need to use the template个人陈述模板 Template of Personal Statement; the bachelor’s program applicants do not need to use the template, and they simply need to write about their application motivation, understanding of China and Nanjing University, academic competence, study plan in China, etc.);
7) Medical certificate（ 南京大学外国人体格检查记录, obtained within 6 months);
8) List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or abstracts of articles (optional);
9) First page of your passport;
10) Certificate of non-criminal record (obtained within 6 months);
11) Applicants who will have not reached the age of 18 by Sept. 1, 2023 need to upload the parental agreement signed by his/her legal guardian in China (Parental agreement-监护协议).
3. After submitting the online application, you will receive feedback on our initial review within 3 workdays; if you received notices for resubmission, please re-upload the documents as required by the application deadline.
4. The applications that have passed the initial review will go through further assessment conducted by the relevant schools/departments in April and May, 2023, in which the Department of Chinese Language will probably arrange long-distance written and oral tests for the bachelor’s program applicants (detailed arrangements will be sent to the relevant students in due course).
During the whole process, Nanjing University will keep the applicants updated by sending system messages and emails.
- If one of the original documents is neither written in Chinese nor in English, please also submit a notarized Chinese or English translation.
- The applicants are responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the submitted information and documents. If any dishonesty or falsification was found, the application would be invalid.
- Nanjing University will select nominees from those who have passed the assessment conducted by the relevant schools/departments as scholarship candidates, and formally recommend them to the CSC. The CSC will decide on the list of final awardees afterwards.
ADMISSION & REGISTRATION
1. After receiving the final list of awardees confirmed by the CSC, Nanjing University will inform the applicants via email and system message, as well as post the admission documents to the new students. (Currently, it is difficult to predict when the final admission result will be announced. For your reference only, last year the result was announced in the second half of Jul.)
2. The new academic year is expected to start at the beginning of September 2023. You will find the specific dates of registration on the admission notice.
3. When coming to Nanjing University to register, the new students will be required to bring the admission notice, JW201 form, physical examination report, original highest diploma, etc. for the qualification review. (If the original copy is neither written in Chinese nor in English, a notarized Chinese or English translation will need to be submitted.) The scholarship of those who didn’t pass the review would be canceled.
Ms. Zhong Qiaorui
Institute for International Students
RM. 514 Zeng Xianzi Building,
18 Jinyin Street, Nanjing 210008, China
If you want to get more information about Nanjing University, please contact us: Chinascholarship.net