Table of Contents
Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by Ministry of Education in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
2023 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program
2023 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program:
Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
2023 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the categories available.
Undergraduate programs are Chinese taught. Graduate and non-degree programs are usually in Chinese, some major can be taught in English( Please search more information on https://www.campuschina.org/universities_art/index.html?key=A9900A0F2DE73802 ).
The duration of 2023 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program is generally 4-5 years for undergraduate students, 3 years for master degree students, 4 years for doctoral degree students, and 1 year for scholars. The duration of language learning is generally 1-2 years.
2023 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program includes full scholarship and partial scholarship.
Full scholarship covers :
- Accommodation fee;
- Medical insurance;
- Living expenses (undergraduate- 2500 RMB/month; Master student- 3000 RMB/month; Doctor student- 3500 RMB/month; General Scholar- 3000 RMB/month; Senior Scholar- 3500 RMB/month).
- Partial scholarship includes parts of coverage .
Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply
Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country.
When to Apply
You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the dispatching authorities for the specific deadline of each year.
1. Non-Chinese citizens; good health;
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
1. Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
2. Contact our school to get an Pre-admission notice;
(1) Please prepare material 1-10 in the Application Materials(Please refer to VI) and send them to email@example.com with the subject line of “Name +CSC Pre-admission Application”;
(2) If the application materials meet the admission requirement of CSU, we will send Pre-admission notice by email;
3. Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
Please select CENTRAL SOUTH UNIVERSITY as your FIRST OPTION.
4. Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline. Please select Central South University as your FIRST OPTION.
Only applications of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered. Candidates holding a Pre-admission Notice will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Notice should accept CSC’s placement of university.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
2. Notarized certificate of the highest academic degree. If the applicant is a student, he/she is required to provide a copy of his/her school certificate and a copy of his/her performance certificate. A notarized Chinese or English translation shall be attached to any text other than Chinese or English;
3. Transcript. A notarized Chinese or English translation version shall be attached to any text other than Chinese or English;
4. Study or research plan in China (not less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 500 words for scholars, and no less than 800 words for graduate students), must written in Chinese or English;
5. Letters of recommendation. Applicants who apply for master’s degree, doctoral degree and senior scholar programs in China must submit recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in Chinese or English.
6. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardians in China;
7. Students applying for music major should submit their own works; Students applying for the major of fine Arts should provide 2 sketches, 2 color paintings and 2 other works of their own.
8. Applicants who will study in China for more than 6 months must submit the Physical Examination Form for foreigners (the original one can be preserved by yourself.
This form shall be uniformly printed by the health and quarantine departments and can be downloaded in the https://intl.csu.edu.cn/Download/Documents.htm website, must be completed in English). Applicants shall be examined in strict accordance with the items required in the Physical Examination Form for Foreigners.
The Form is invalid if the form has missing items, doesn’t have the applicant’s photo or the photo doesn’t have a seal on, or doesn’t have the signature from the doctor and seal from the hospital. In view of the fact that the examination results are valid for six months, the applicant needs to schedule the medical examination accordingly.
9. If you have obtained the HSK score report, please attach it to the application materials;
10. For English taught programs, applicants whose native language is not English should submit proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS). Applications should hold IELTS score with no less than 6, TOEFL score with no less than 85. The applicant who took English taught program must provide the relevant certificate;
11. If you have received the admission notice issued by the host institution of Chinese Government scholarship students, please attach it to the application materials.
Note– Application materials will not be returned, whether accepted or not.
Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation. Please choose CENTRAL SOUTH UNIVERSITY as your FIRST OPTION.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship Recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the Chinese embassy or consulate-general.
The Chinese embassy or consulate-general will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the dispatching authorities or scholarship recipients.
5. Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
Contact information of China Scholarship Council
Please refer to the http://www.campuschina.org/zh/content/details1003_122937.html for detailed information
Contact information of School of International Education, CSU
Address: Office 211 in Main campus Library, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Postal Code: 410083
Telephone: 0086-0731-8857 6284
Fax: 0086-0731-8883 6737
If you want to get more information about 2023 Central South University Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program, please contact us: Chinascholarship.net