2023 Beijing Government Scholarship
Table of Contents
Beijing Government Scholarship for International Students (Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship) is launched by the Government of Beijing and the scheme supports part of the tuition fee for outstanding current and future international students in Beijing universities.
China University of petroleum is a recipient of this scholarship and welcomes outstanding foreign students to apply for this scholarship.
The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen, be healthy, law abiding and have no criminal record. The applicant meet the basic requirements for admission in our school for international students to study in China;
Language level requirements:
(1) Applicants for undergraduate programs need to provide IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 75 or above, or proof of language proficiency at the corresponding level. Applicants with strong Chinese proficiency are preferred.
(2) Applicants for graduate programs need to provide IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 80 or above, or provide proof of language proficiency at the appropriate level. Strong Chinese proficiency is an advantage;
Execptions：Applicants from countries whose official language is English and want to apply for English-taught majors do not need to provide proof of English proficiency
(1) Undergraduate programs require applicants to have a Chinese proficiency of 222 or above at HSK-4 level.
(2) The postgraduate programs require applicants to have Chinese proficiency at HSK-5 level or above.
Applicants’ degree and age requirements:
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs.
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs.
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 45 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Required materials for 2023 Beijing Government Scholarship application
1. Scanned copies of all China visa pages and China entry and exit record pages, passport photos with white background, photo size 480×720
2. The highest academic certificate and transcript, with an average score of more than 70% (non-Chinese or English materials need to provide certified Chinese/English translations)
3. Certificate of Language Proficiency
4. Study and research plan
5. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Health Certificate) (Laboratory report must be attached)
6. Certificate of no criminal record
7. Two recommendation letters (associate professor or above) (required for postgraduate program applications)
8. Acceptance letter from supervisor (It is recommended that applicants for master’s programs have a letter of acceptance from supervisors , applicants for Ph.D programs must have a letter of acceptance from supervisors)
Important Notes for 2023 Beijing Government Scholarship
1. This scholarship is open to all majors of China University of Petroleum (Beijing);
Founded in 1953, China University of Petroleum-Beijing (CUP) is situated in Changping District, Beijing and covers an area of 0.331 km2 . It has become an member of “Project 211” since 1997 as a leading position in the petroleum and petrochemical disciplines in China.
2. Scholarship students should participate in the annual assessment on time every year. Students who do not participate in the annual assessment without any reason will be disqualified from continuing to enjoy the scholarship;
3. For applicants who have committed fraud in the selection and annual evaluation of scholarships, once verified the school has the right to cancel their eligibility for scholarship awards.
Application Process of 2023 Beijing Government Scholarship
1. Log in to the online application system of China University of Petroleum https://cie-registration.cup.edu.cn/;
2. Submit all application materials through the application system. The university do not accept paper mailing and mailing applications;
Undergraduate degree: June 15;
Master’s and Ph.D degree: May 30
- Only one application account can be registered for one email address；
- If you want to know the relevant information about the “Exemption conditions for the Entrance Examination of International Undergraduate Freshmen”, you can click on this link to access it.
Beijing Government Scholarship – First Class (BGS1)
Students with this scholarship pay only CNY5,000/year as tuition
This Scholarship category DOES NOT include monthly allowance, Comprehensive medical insurance, and accommodation
Beijing Government Scholarship -Second Class (BGS2)
Students with this scholarship pay half the tuition:
- CNY 13000/year
- CNY 15000/year
- CNY 18000/year
This Scholarship category DOES NOT include monthly allowance, Comprehensive medical insurance, and accommodation.
Visit chinascholarship.net to get more information!