2021 Guangxi University for Nationalities Chinese Government Scholarship Program
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities.
China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
Guangxi University for Nationalities is recruiting undergraduate students and graduate students under the Chinese Government Scholarship Graduate Program in the year of 2021, approved by the MOE.
1. Programs: Full time master degree program and PhD program.
2. Nationality: Application is open to all the countries. Application from Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries is considered first.
3. Admission Requirement: Applicants for master degree program must be under the age of 35, while applicants for PhD program must be under the age of 45. All applicants should hold a bachelor degree or master degree and have basic Chinese language skills. Applicants for master degree program should have recommendations from two professors or associate professors, while applicants for PhD program should have recommendations from two professors.
Applicants should have HSK 4 level certificate or higher. (Note: Applicants who plan to pursue academic program for their native language or academic program for English, French, and other non-Chinese-language literature are not considered. Scholarship application is open to prospective students only. This scholarship does not provide support for international students who are already studying in China.)
4. List of Graduate Programs (More Details on the Website of Graduate School http://yjs.gxun.edu.cn/)
1. Registered Fee, Tuition fee and cost for dormitory on campus are covered.
2. Standard living allowance is provided. 3500 Yuan /Month for doctor degree program, 3000 Yuan /Month for master degree program.
3. Standard Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan for International Students in China is provided.
4. International travel expenses are not included.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship Program should file their application to the College of International Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities. The application deadline is March 30, 2021 (based on Postmark Date). The deadline may be moved forward or delayed due to the special situation this year.
Application Documents (Three Copies Required)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
Applicants should apply through the CSC Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (available at CSC website http://laihua.csc.edu.cn). Print out the generated Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and attach your photo to your application form. The institution ID for Guangxi University for Nationalities is 10608.
2. Two recommendation letters
Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors in the related fields of your study for master degree applicants. Two recommendation letters from professors in the related fields of your study for PhD degree applicants. Recommendation letters should be written in Chinese or English.
3. Proof of Bachelor degree or Master Degree and undergraduate or graduate transcript
All proof and transcripts should be notarized in Chinese or English by relevant government offices. If applicants are currently enrolled in an academic program, a letter of enrollment is required. (The letter of enrollment should clarify that applicant is on the path to meet graduation requirements and will graduate on time.)
4. A copy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Attachment 1).
5. Your plan of study in China
Applicants should include reasons for scholarship application, past study or work performance, honors received, personal specialties, and etc. (The plan must be written in Chinese or English, more than 800 words and signed by applicants.)
6. A copy of valid passport
7. HSK certificate or other materials which can prove Chinese level.
8.Certificate of no criminal conviction.
Application Material Requirement
1. All application materials should be printed with A4-size paper. Application materials should be mailed to the Admission Office at the College of Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities.
2. To verify all application materials, we do not accept any electronic application at this point.
3. Please submit your application materials as soon as possible. The deadline for application is March 30, 2021 (based on the postmark date). The deadline may be moved forward or delayed due to the special situation this year.
Admission Process and Entry Procedure
Guangxi University for Nationalities and relevant government offices will process all scholarship program applications and finalize a list of admitted students. All admitted students should receive an admission notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW 201 form).
Therefore, please make sure to provide the correct postal and contact information. Admitted students should bring the following materials to local Chinese Embassy or Consulate when applying for a Chinese visa and finish registration process at the College of International Education after arriving on campus by the deadline indicated on the admission notice:
1. Valid Passport
2. Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)
3. Admission Notice
4. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
5. Original Copy of Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Diploma, Bachelor/Master Degree Certificate, Undergraduate/Postgraduate Transcript
Office of Admission Address:
College of International Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities
Daxue East Road 188, Nanning, Guangxi, People’s Republic of China
Zip Code: 530006
Official University Website: http://www.gxun.edu.cn/
LINK: 2021 Guangxi University for Nationalities Chinese Government Scholarship Program