Yunnan University Admissions for International StudentsYunnan Provincial Government Scholarship Program 2022
This admissions is for international students applyingforboth Degree programs and Non-Degree programs. Full-time Degree programsincluding Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD. programs; and Non-Degree programs including Foundation Programand Scholars Programs.
II. Admission Country
Mainly opening to South Asia and Southeast Asia countries, applicants from other countries are also welcomed
1. Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens.
Applicant who immigrated to a foreign country must have held a valid foreign passport or proof of nationality document for at least 4 years and have a record of actual residence abroad for at least 2 years within the last 4 years (until April 30, 2022) (actual residence abroad for 9 months in a year can be counted as one year, based on entry and exit stamps)
2. Applicants should obey the Chinese laws, comply with Yunnan University’s regulations, and respect Chinese customs andpublic ethical norms.
3. Applicants’ health condition should conforms with the “Health Examination Standards for Foreign Students” issued by theMinistry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
4. Academic and Age Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program applicants must be a high school graduate under the age of 25.
- Master’s Degree Program applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35.
- PhD. Degree Program applicants must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40.
- Applicants for Foundation Program should hold High School Graduation Certification or above, and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants forScholars Program should hold bachelor’s degree or above, and be under the age of 55
5. Language requirements
Applicants for degree programs must have achieved HSK level 4 with a total score no less than 180, valid for 2 years
Applicants who meet the requirements can apply onYunnan University International Student Service System(https://ynu.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx), and submitall the application documentas required.
2.Applicants should complete online application by 30th May, 2022 BeijingStandard Time.
Overdue completionand/or incomplete information may result in failure in receiving the scholarships.
V. Application Documents
Reminder: All the following documents should be upload onYunnan University International Student Service System(https://ynu.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx).All uploaded documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents.Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable materials. Notarized translation must be provided if any of the documents is not in Chinese or English.
1.Application Form of Yunnan Provincial Government Scholarship Program, Please download the form on Yunnan University International Student Service System, and fill it outin Chinese or English
2.Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant).
The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
Please select the appropriate timeto take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 mont
4.Personal ID photo, named after passport number (Photo reference format: 2 inch color crown-free ID photo. The white background has no borders, the head accounts for 2/3 of the photo size, the photo size is not less than 320 * 240 pixels, the aspect ratio is 4: 3, the size between 100 KB and 500KB, JPG format.)
5.Notarized highestdegree certificate.Prospective degreewinners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Admitted students need to provide the originaldegree certificate and submit the scanned copy upon registration.
8.A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English.
9.Two Recommendation Letters(written in Chinese or English). Applicants for Master’s Degree, PhD. Degree, andScholars in Chinese Language must providetwo recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor.
10.Chinese Language Certificate. Valid HSK Certificate
11.English language qualification certificate (for English-taught programs
12.A portfolio of your own work stored in a CD (arts students only). Applicants for music studies are requested tosubmit their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit their own works including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works. Applicants for other majors may be required to submit other supplementarydocuments. Pleaserefer to separate notice.
13.Non-criminal record report.
14.Proofof financial guarantee.
VI. Admission and Notification
- After assessment by experts from Yunnan University, the documents of qualified applicants will be delivered to the Education Department of Yunnan Province,it is a merit-based enrollment.
- Admission documentswill be sendto scholarship recipientinJuly.
- Scholarship recipients shall not change their field of study or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
- Scholarship will not be reserved if its scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
VII. Contact Information
Contacts: Ms. Chu, Ms.Fu
Fax: + 86-871-65183424