Yunnan University Admissions for Yunnan University Scholarship Program 2022
I. Admission Category
Full-time international students studying for a degree.
II. Scholarship Coverage
- Yunnan University Full Scholarship: Tuition and on-campus accommodation,
- Yunnan University Partial Scholarship: 50% of tuition and on-campus accommodation,
III. Application Requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
Applicants who immigrated to a foreign country must hold a valid foreign passport or proof of nationality document for at least 4 years and have a record of actual residence abroad for at least 2 years within the last 4 years (prior to April 30, 2022) (actual residence abroad for 9 months within a year can be deemed as one year, based on entry and exit stamps).
2. Applicants should obey the Chinese laws, comply with Yunnan University’s regulations, and respect Chinese customs and public ethical norms.
3. Applicants’ health condition should conform with the “Health Examination Standards for Foreign Students” issued by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China..
4. Applicants’ age range:
Bachelor’s degree programs: 18-30 years old
Master’s degree programs: 20-40 years old
Doctoral degree programs: 22-45 years old
5. Education background requirements:
Students who graduated from a non-Chinese institute must have a degree recognized by the Ministry of Education of China
(1) Applicants for Bachelor’s degree programs must have obtained the graduation certificate of senior high school or above;
(2) Applicants for Master’s degree programs must hold a Bachelor’s degree or above;
(3) Applicants for Doctoral programs must have attained a Master’s degree.
6. Language requirements
(1) Applicants’ language proficiency for Chinese-taught programs:
HSK level 4 with a total score no less than 180, valid for 2 years.
(2) Applicants’ language proficiency for English-taught programs:
English language proficiency should meet relevant requirement.
7. GPA 2.8 out of 4 or above, or 70 out of 100 or above.
8. The applicants’ academic performance, academic level and language proficiency should meet the admission requirements of the major (test or interview).
1. Online Application
Applicants who meet the requirements can apply on Yunnan University International Student Service System (https://ynu.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx) and submit all the application documents as required.
2. Application Documents:
Reminder: All the following documents should be upload on Yunnan University International Student Service System (https://ynu.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx).
All uploaded documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable materials.
Notarized translation must be provided if any of the documents not in Chinese or English.
（1）Application Form for International Students. Please download and fill out the form on Yunnan University International Student Service System.
（2）Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant.)
The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority.
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
（3）Passport photo page.
（4）Personal ID photo, named after passport number (Photo reference format: 2 inch color crown-free ID photo. The white background has no borders, the head accounts for 2/3 of the photo size, the photo size is not less than 320 * 240 pixels, the aspect ratio is 4: 3, the size between 100 KB and 500KB, JPG format.)
（5）Notarized highest degree certificate: Prospective degree winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Admitted students need to provide the original degree certificate and submit the scanned copy upon registration.
（6）Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current university. Admitted students need to provide the original diploma and submit the scanned copy upon registration.
（8）A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English.
（10）Chinese Language Certificate. Valid HSK Certificate.
（11）English language qualification certificate (for English-taught programs.)
（12）A portfolio of your own work stored in a CD (arts students only). Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit their own works including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works. Applicants for other majors may be required to submit other supplementary documents. Please refer to separate notice.
（13）Non-criminal record report.
（14）Proof of financial guarantee.
V. Application Deadline
30th May, 2022 China Standard Time
- Decisions are made on comprehensive review, academic merit, and tests or interviews.
- Yunnan University will send the Admissions Documents in July.
- If granted scholarship, candidates are not allowed to alter either the major or the duration of study.
- Admitted students can refer to “Admission Notice” for the registration time and requirements. Admitted students need to provide all the original application documents upon registration. Failure of providing authentic originals may result in disqualification of admission.
- Admitted students who are not able to complete registration on time due to any reason need to ask for permission in written form. If admitted students do not register for over two weeks without permission, the admission qualification will be withdrawn.
VIII. Contact Us
Office of International Cooperation and Exchange
Fax: + 86-871-65183424