Guide to Study at Inner Mongolia University under Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-2020 Academic Year
The enrollment to Inner Mongolia University under Chinese Government Scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year has begun. The details are as follows:
I. Categories of Applicants and Time Period of Scholarship
|Categories/Time||Time of Major Studies||Time of Remedial Chinese Language Studies||Time of Scholarship|
|Master degree students||3 years||1-2 years||4-5 years|
|Doctoral degree students||3-4 years||1-2 years||4-6 years|
II. Eligibility requirements
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants are not granted other types of scholarship at the same time.
- Educational background and age limit:
- Applicants for master degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under age 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under age 40.
III. The Scholarship includes:
1. Exemption from registration fee and tuition.
2. Accommodation on campus is provided. Master degree students will be provided with double bedroom and doctoral degree students will be provided with single bedroom.
3. Monthly living allowance:
- Master degree students: CNY 3,000/per month
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500/per month
4.Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International students in China.
Ⅳ. Application and Notification
1. Application Time:
applicants should register online between March 1st , 2019 and April 10th , 2019, and then send two hard copies of the application to the school no later than April 15, 2019.
2. Major selection:
List of enrollment majors of the Inner Mongolia University for master and doctoral degree
Enclosures (Excel worksheets):
- Majors in doctoral degree of Inner Mongolia University
- Majors in master’s degree of Inner Mongolia University.
V. Application Procedure
- Please log in the website http://laihua.csc.edu.cn or http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn for online registration. (Mozilla Firefox or IE 11 browser is recommended. If you use IE browser please cancel the compatibility view mode first.)
- Please log in the system with your user name and password after your registration for official online application. After logging in, please click the application menu on top left corner and choose application type: B (Chinese Government Scholarship University Independent Enrollment Program), Agency number: 10126 (Inner Mongolia University), and click the save button at bottom right.
- Please fill in the forms on the left of registration page, complete all the information and upload the supplementary materials. Please refer to the attachment when selecting for application major and please make sure the correctness, authenticity of your information. If you have any doubts about major or discipline category, please click the “help” menu and download “major translation form”. Please click the submit button after filling in all the information.
- Before the acceptance of your application, applicants can click “withdraw and revise” button to modify your application information. After withdrawing your online application, applicants should resubmit the edited information, or else your application will not be accepted. Once your online application is accepted, applicants can not withdraw the application.
- After the online application, please click “print the application” and download system would automatically produce a “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” and please print it out two copies.
- Please send the “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” and related paper materials required in “application materials” to Inner Mongolia University within requested time. (International Express is recommended.)
VI. Application Materials:
The applicants must accurately upload and provide the following materials (please send two copies of all application documents).
- “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” (printed by CSC), completed in Chinese or in English. It can be downloaded from the website of China Scholarship Council.
- Certificate for the highest degree (notarized photocopies). If applicants are college students or currently employed, they shall also provide proof of study or employment. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.(Those who are enrolled must bring the graduation certificate, diploma, and the original transcript of record on the day of registration so that further verification can be smoothly conducted. If fraud is found, the admission qualification shall be cancelled).
- Transcript of record (notarized copies). Transcript record other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. If enrolled college students should supplement the certificate at the time of entrance, or your enrollment will be cancelled.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words) is required.
- Applicants for master and doctoral degree are requested to submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or in English from professors or associate professors. (The name, professional title, place of work, contact number of the referrers should be labeled at bottom left and their signature should be signed at bottom right).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (please fill out in English and keep your original form; this form is provided by Chinese quarantine authority and can be downloaded from the website of The China Scholarship Council). (Please make sure to choose a national or municipal public hospital for physical examination). The medical examination must cover all items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The results of medical examination are valid for 6 months.(Please bring the original copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test report when you come to China).
- Photocopy of your passport (Period of validity is no shorter than September, 2020 )
- ID Photo(Upload and summit it to Chinese Government Scholarship Information System/ Website: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn).
- Language Ability Certificate(Applicants who have passed HSK or HSKK, please provide the copy of your report card).
- Published Articles or Works(Applicants who have published any academic papers or monograph please provide the copies).
- Other Supporting Materials(Related certificates, honors, received training or special talents)
- Applicants for music and art study are requested to submit their work CD-ROM; Arts students’ work CD must include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
- Applicants under age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guaranties in China.
- Choose the major categories according to the “Major Categories of Doctoral Degree in Inner Mongolia University” and “Major Categories of Master Degree in Inner Mongolia University”.
Note: the above mentioned materials should be sent to Inner Mongolia University in paper form (two copies) within the requested time.
VII. Admission and School Entrance
- Application of Chinese Government Scholarship Program is free and we do not charge any fees. No other institute (foreign or domestic) is entrusted to recruit students for us. So, applicants please send the application materials directly to our IMU International College of Education.
- The application of applicants whose conditions and application materials are not in accordance with our requirements will be regarded as invalid application and application materials will not be sent back both in case of admission and rejection.
- We will review and appraise your application materials and if fraud is found, the scholarship qualification shall be cancelled).
- For those admitted, we will send you admission letter and JW201 visa application form no later than July 20th, 2019. For exact school entrance time, please refer to admission letter.
- Those who admitted must bring your original copy of your passport, JW201form, admission letter, Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, your highest academic degree certificate and transcripts of record to apply for your visa at embassy.
- Those who admitted must register on the requested day stated on admission letter, and those who
- exceed the school entrance time over two weeks will be canceled their admission qualification.
VIII. About Scholarship
1.Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. New students who register on or before 15th of the registration month will receive the full amount of the living allowance for the month and those who register after the 15th will get half amount.
Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who do not get the monthly living allowance during holidays can get that amount upon return on campus.
Monthly living allowance of the scholarship students will be suspended if students don’t register on time without permission from the university, or leave for non-health reasons, or are absent from the university for more than 15 days.
Students who have to suspend their studies because of serious illness or pregnancy will go back home country at their own expense. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status and the living allowances can be reserved for at most one year.
The scholarship will be terminated for those who suspend their studies for any other reason.
2.The medical insurance for the foreign students who receive Chinese government scholarship is a comprehensive medical insurance provided by the Chinese Ministry of Education. The insurance is mainly used for students in hospital for a serious illness or injury. These claims will be handled in accordance with the Chinese government insurance policy. The insurance company does not accept individual claims disputes.
3. International traveling expenses: the students will cover their own international travel expenses.
IX. Postal Address and Contact:
Postal Address: International Students Office, Tower A, 235 Daxue West Road, Saihan District, Hohhot, International College of Education, Inner Mongolia University, Inner Mongolia, P.R. China
Postal Code: 010021
Contact Persons: International Student Affairs Office
Telephone: 0086-471-4995619 0086-471-4992084
Mobile: 0086-18147136585 0086-15548791712
Website of International College of Education IMU:
Website of China Scholarship Council: http://www.csc.edu.cn
IMU International College of Education
March 1st, 2019
Source：Guide to Study at Inner Mongolia University under Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-2020 Academic Year