2023-2024 Chinese Government Scholarship-High Level Postgraduate Program（YSU）
1. Program Categories and Duration
- This scholarship supports graduate students（Master’s students and Doctoral students）.
- The study duration is 3 years for Master’s students, 4 years for Doctoral students.
2. Application Deadline
Applicants should apply to Yanshan University before February 19, 2023.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
4. Scholarship Coverage
(1) Including tuition and campus accommodation fees;
(2) Granted a monthly living allowance:
- Doctoral students: 3,500 RMB/month,
- Master’s students: 3,000 RMB/month
(3) Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
5. Application Procedure
(1) Log in the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login, fill in the Application Form and submit the required documents for Chinese Government Scholarship online. The agency number of Yanshan University is 10216.
(2) Log in the online application system of the School of International Education of Yanshan University at http://admission.ysu.edu.cn, and upload all the HD scanned version of the documents required. Images captured by mobile phone or camera and copies are not acceptable.
Note: Please register at both websites and upload the required documents.
6. Application Documents
(1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English）.
(2) Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application.
(3) Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(4) Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided.
These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English.
(5) Language qualification certificates.
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK 4 or above in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for English-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS 6.0, TOFEL 85, Duolingo 95 report or the certificate of the previous degree program which is taught in English.
(6) A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor.
(7) Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad.
(8) A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority.
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(9) Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
(10) Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways.
(11) Supervisor Acceptance Letter (If any): Information of the applicant’s Chinese supervisor. Descriptions of the applicant’s studies or research in China.
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
7. Admission and Notification
- Yanshan university reviews the application documents and decides the nominated candidates. After identifying the applicants, YSU will send the pre-admission letter by e-mail.
- The candidates shall complete the online application of the CSC Online Application System (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) before 19th March, 2023, and the application documents shall include the pre-admission letter issued by YSU.
- CSC will review qualifications and application documents of candidates nominated by YSU, decide the final list of scholarship winners, and issue the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students in China (JW201).
- Yanshan University will inform and send the admission documents（Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)） to the scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study.
(1) The result of 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship – High Level Postgraduate Program will be announced on the website of International Education School (http://ies.ysu.edu.cn). Please keep following the updates of the website.
(2) Scholarship recipients should go through the registration procedures on the date stipulated by the university.
Those who fail to register after the deadline without approval will be regarded as giving up their student status automatically, and their scholarship qualification will be automatically canceled and be listed to the Record of Integrity in Admissions of YSU.
(3) Scholarship recipients MUST participate in annual scholarship evaluation. Scholarship holders who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship canceled.
(4) Chinese government scholarship students shall not be supported by other scholarships offered by Chinese government at all administrative levels or Chinese universities (one-time awards excluded).
Once discovered, their Chinese government scholarship will be canceled, and they must return the stipends given.
Those who intentionally conceal other scholarship supports will be disqualified for Chinese government scholarship application for 3 years in addition to the cancellation of Chinese government scholarship.
9. Contact Information
Address: The School of International Exchange, 438 West of Hebei Street,Qinhuangdao City, P.R.China
Zip Code: 066004
Contacts: Feng Dan, Jia Qianxiu
Source: 2023-2024 Chinese Government Scholarship-High Level Postgraduate Program（YSU）